The Betrayal

She was almost to the bottom step when she saw the flash of firey red and the voices registered as ones she knew. Panic filled her and she froze, her brain screamed for her to go back upstairs and hide but it was too late.

one of the boys saw her moving out of the corner of his eye. He turned, looked her once over, and then grinned wickedly at her. They made eye contact and she knew by his amusement in her appearance that it was Fred.

"Lyra!" He yelled so that everyone turned their attention over to see her. "Looking as lovely as always! How have you been?"

She glared at him, her face turning scarlet red. "Hello, Fred." She grumbled quietly. Her eyes then briefly met with Georges, a mixture of pure joy and Horror ran through her making her stomach sick. She turned an even deeper shade and quickly looked away.

He quickly started towards her, a grin on his face. "Lyra!" To her utter horror once he reached her he lifted her up into a great big hug spinning her around. "I've missed you!" he said placing her down.

"Careful George," Fred murmured quietly, "She might be contagious."

"For your sake, you better hope I'm not," she grumbled at him. He grinned at her putting his arms up in the air in mock surrender.

"Sorry mate, in my defense though, when they told us you weren't doing so hot, I didn't realize they meant you were turning into a ghoul."

She furrowed her eyebrows at him, taking a step away from George. "They?"

George glared at him "Great going you git, she wasn't supposed to know."

She looked between the both of them before it clicked into place. She turned to look at her Mother and Father.

Her Dad instantly looked back to his book. He was never good at hiding his guilt. Her Mother stared her down though. She glared back, her anger bubbling up and then she glared at the Twins. traitors, they were all bloody traitors.

"Well sorry to inform you but if I wanted any of your help, I would have asked for it thanks," she said scathingly before turning and walking back up the stairs.

They heard her door slam, and a silvery-white cat came from out of nowhere and ran up the stairs after her. Amelia sighed rubbing her temples again. "Well, that could have gone better."

"I don't know what you expected to happen," Walter said from his chair, not looking up from his book.

"An overjoyed teenage girl who wouldn't ask so many questions." Her mother muttered back.

The twins shifted uncomfortably not quite knowing what to do with themselves. Walter shut his book and looked up at his wife. "Why don't you bring the boys into the kitchen and help them get something to drink and I'll go have a chat with her.

Amelia sighed and nodded. "I suppose, come on boys, Walter will help her pack."

They followed her into the Kitchen as Walter went upstairs.

When he got to the top floor he found her door locked and Orion sitting outside it. He scrapped at the door and looked up expectantly. Walter knocked.

"Hey, Lybug, Orions looking to come in."

silence.

"Could we talk for a minute?"

Still, no sound came from the room.

"I know you're upset that your mother invited your friends over without telling you but she was only trying to help."

Orion meowed swatting the door again.