The Visitor After

She hadn't realized he was waiting for her until she had finished. When she had discarded the towel and cloth and sat back onto the bed, he was there immediately. Wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into him.

She could feel his joy and his love for her. Some final thing had clicked in place for them, and she knew she was now more attached to him then she had ever thought possible. It was a bit scary. To love someone so irrationally much.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, trying to make sense of her emotions.

"Tell me about the shop."

"That's not what you were thinking about." He said grinning.

"How do you know?"

"I don't know how to explain it, your mood changed, it was intense."

"Doesn't it bother you? Knowing what I'm feeling all the time?"

He hugged her to him more tightly. "No, to be honest I'm glad."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's hard with other people. I've always had a hard time understanding where they were coming from. To be honest I have a hard time caring. Even when someone was upset, if I had hurt them, it was easy to separate myself from it. To not care."

Lyra laid her head back onto him. Nuzzling his neck. She couldn't imagine what that was like. She knew what it was like to want to be numb, but even when she couldn't feel what others felt. She could never stop herself from caring.

"But with you," he said picking up her hand and lacing it with his, "that's not possible. Everytime I touched you I knew how you felt. I found myself wanting to know how you felt, wanting to know why. Your so complicated."

Lyra snorted interrupting him. "Thanks."

"I don't mean it in a bad way," He chucked.

"I'm not sure there's another way to take that." She retorted in a joking manner.

"All I mean is you look at the world so differently then I do. You care so much. Too much really. I found myself wondering how would you react to this situation? What would you think of certain people? Like at Christmas when you got a jumper from my mum. That stupid gift that we all dread getting, and you were so happy. Cared so much about it, because she made it for you. It made me look at it in a whole new light. Your emotions are always so honest."

"Sometimes I wish I could fake them."

"I'm glad you can't."

She laughed, "I know you are."

"Do you want to know my favorite thing about it though?"

"You have a favorite thing about it?" She asked amused.

He nodded, and let go of her hand, tracing a finger up her arm and then back down again. The touch instantly causing her heart to race. "I love feeling the thrill you get everytime I touch you unexpectedly." Lyra blushed looking away from him, "and that when you get really excited. If I were to kiss you for instance, how you let go of control completely and just for a moment I can't tell where you begin and I end."

"You know that would probably terrify most people." She muttered, still looking anywhere but him.

"I think it's hot. You don't act that way around anyone else."

"You mean I don't lose control around anyone else?"

He brushed his lips across her skin, "Exactly."

Lyra closed her eyes, enjoying his touch. "Tell me how the joke shops going." She sighed, changing the subject.

George smiled at her amused, but allowed it. "Better then we could have dreamed."