Gryffindor!

"Everything will be okay," Lyra told herself as she held up the Gryffindor uniform. She could just change it back. But as she had the thought  another panic arose. she quickly patted down the uniform, desperately turning out every pocket. When everything turned up empty she cursed. She never thought in a million years they'd take her wand from her. Hanging her head in defeat, she began to put on the Gryffindor robes. 

It made sense that they took her wand, knowing that without it she couldn't turn her clothes back to their original colors. She doubted they would give it back if she went back to her dorms and got changed too. It would still be fine though. She'd just stay out of sight, wait for them to be done eating, and pull them aside.

Lunch seemed to take forever, and she was relieved when the bell finally rang and the students flooded out into the hall. She pressed herself against the wall and tried to become as small and insignificant as possible. She didn't want to be seen, she didn't want to be noticed. The students flooded by none of them looking her way.

Lyra scanned the sea of people until she finally spotted two tall heads of fire-red hair. She locked onto them, and George looked up, looked her way immediately as if sensing her.

He looked her up and down and grinned wickedly before breaking away from Fred and his Friends. She could see Fred calling to him, but George waved him away heading for her. She started down the hall the way fewer people were going. Walking briskly and close to the wall.

George caught up to her in a few short strides.

"Wow." He said, grinning again. "It really is a shame your a Ravenclaw because red and gold really are your colors."

She glared up at him, but he could see the fine dusting of pink on her cheeks. She pulled him into one of the never-used classrooms shutting the door behind him.

"George where on earth is my wand?"

That oh so perfect, oh so up to no good famous Weasley grin. "Sorry Love, I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Did you misplace it?"

She stepped forward so close he could feel her breath on his skin. "George please give me my wand back." She said firmly.

But George wasn't listening. His mind had wandered back to earlier today, back to the Prefects bathroom. The scent of the soapy water from her hair filling his lungs as he breathed her in. He reached up and ran his fingers through her hair. Soft as silk.

She froze, her irritation and desperation melting away in an instant. "George?" she asked, looking into his distracted eyes and realizing he wasn't listening. "You spacing out on me again?"

He lightly cupped her face his thumb grazing her bottom lip. His eyes so intense, almost pained.

Lyra's brows knitted together. "George, what's wrong?"

He hesitated, second-guessing himself, and then plunged forward. "Would you go back to the Prefects bathroom... With me I mean? Before I have to leave."

She heard what he had said, but it took her a moment to actually understand the words. Her face went very red as they clicked, "w-with you?"

"When you were in the bath today... I had this moment, when I was washing your hair, that I realized you were there right under the water and-" he hesitated looking for the right words, swallowing hard. "And I just-" he trailed off again blushing madly his hands shaking.

Lyra, heart racing so loudly she feared he would hear it. Her insides a swirling hurricane.

"We don't have to do anything, or if you're uncomfortable-"