Platform Nine and Three Quarters

The stormy night had given way to a sunny beautiful day. Lyra sat in her office, all of her windows open, basking in the warmth and the noise of the outside world. A knock drew her away from her papers and towards the doors.

She looked up to see George, in by far the most outrageous wizarding suit she had ever seen him in. Or anyone in for that matter. He wiggled his eyebrows and did a spin.

"What do you think? Fred and I are busting out the big guns for today's trip!"

Lyra shook her head, "what on earth are you wearing George?"

"Finest Dragon skin you can come by. Tell you what it cost quite a pretty penny."

"You're telling me you paid someone for that. They aren't paying you to wear it?"

"You just don't understand fashion, my love. Got too much muggle in you."

"Is it hex proof?" She continued to tease.

"You can't tell me I don't look good."

Lyra tapped her quill against her lips, debating. "Honestly? I prefer you best in nothing at all."

He smirked, "Is that so?"

"Over the blindingly green suit, Yes George." She laughed, "but if it makes you happy."

"Is that what your wearing?" He asked gesturing to her muggle clothes.

"Well no, I've got to change now don't I? Can't have you showing me up." She rose from her seat heading for the door.

George chuckled following behind her. "Like you own anything this flashy."

"No" she laughed, "but if I wore my dress from the Yule Ball I'd probably come close. I'd at least look as strange."

George imagined Lyra, standing in her beautiful dark blue dress waiting for the train. "God I love that dress."

She snorted in response. "Of course you'd actually like that idea.

They had reached the bustling store now, Fred waving from the stairs. To Lyra's dismay, he wore a suit almost identical to George's.

"You know," George said looking at his watch, "We've got a good amount of time, why don't you let me buy you a new dress?"

Lyra sent him a dirty look. "No-"

"Woah Woah, at least hear out my offer first."

She sighed, "alright let's hear it, Weasley."

"You set the price limit, pick out the dress, and I won't ask you to marry me for the rest of the week."

"It's Friday George."

"That's right," he looked at his watch, "which means you have over twelve hours of me not asking."

She crossed her arms contemplating. "Will it make you happy?"

"Over the moon."

"Can I change the conditions?"

"I'm listening."

"You also let me go with Alistor from now on without putting up a fight."

He scrunched his nose, and Lyra had to bite her giggle. "If you're just going to the hogshead, or something similar, and I get to pick out the dress, no price limit."

"We pick out the dress together." She bartered, knowing if she gave him the chance he'd put her in something outrageous.

He stuck his hand out, "deal."