Zonkos

"She did not." Fred exclaimed looking at Lyra in disbelief.

"You're right. I made it all up." She retorted keeping her eyes on the path in front of them.

"I can't believe you let her." George sighed "What if it had been from me, and I had put something important in it?"

"Or dirty" Fred teased.

"Firstly, I'd hope you wouldn't be so stupid. Secondly, I knew who it was from by the writing on the front."

"I think it's kind of brilliant." Lee said, "Now she won't be as suspicious of Lyra."

"That was the goal."

"Still." George said as he intertwined his hand with Lyra's, "It makes my blood boil that the hag had the audacity."

Lyra shrugged it off. "It is what it is. But now we know for sure she's going through our mail."

George was going to push it, but they were at the edge of small wizarding town now, and he thought better of it. Instead, he gave Lyra's hand a squeeze, he could feel her excitement as the town came into full view. Lyra loved Hogsmeade. 

"What time's the meeting?" Fred asked.

"We've got time to kill," Lyra replied, "At least enough time to visit a couple of shops." 

He rubbed his hands together, "Great! Lets get some products to test out then." 

Zonkos was noisy and full of life. It's the type of place that usually tired Lyra out quickly, but the excitement that the twins felt when there was contagious, and she found herself loving the joke shop too.

"Fancy a candy Lyra?" George asked holding out a hand full of sweets.

She raised an eyebrow "what will they do to me?"

He smiled mischievously "Nothing, do you really think I'd give my girlfriend something spiked?"

She didn't even hesitate. "George we are standing in the middle of a joke shop. Of course I do."

George smirked and popped one of the sweets in his mouth. He then leaned in and let out a giant roar. Causing her to jump.

Fred and Lee laughed shaking their heads.

"They're sound producing candies Lyra, have you never really had them?"

"Muggle candies don't usually make sounds." She replied hand over hear heart.

George grinned at her "why don't you give one a go then?"

"I Think I'm all set..."

"Oh come on Stone! Don't be such a chicken!"

She glared at Fred, blush tinting her cheeks.

"They won't hurt you." George promised.

"Let her be you two, if Lyra doesn't want to have one she doesn't have too." Lee said in her defense.

But George held up the candies to her again. "For me?" He asked with a wink.

She sighed blush tinting her cheeks. "If I eat one, will it make you happy?"

He grinned wickedly, "More then you would ever know."

She sighed again before hesitately taking a candy from him. Glaring the whole time, she popped it into her mouth.

The next thing she knew her mouth opened and the screeching of a monkey erupted from her throat.

Her hands flew to her mouth clamping it shut in horror. The boys howled with laughter.

"I told you he could get her to have one!" Fred said to Lee, "pay up!"

Lyra's mood shifted to hurt, her hands still over her mouth.

George smiled warmly, and wrapped one arm around her waist pulling her close. He lifted his other hand to her face and pulled her hands away.

"Its alright Love, it only happens once."

She stiffened, and went to step away. Ignoring her pounding heart. But George tightened his grip, and tilted her chin up towards his face.

"P-placing bets on your friends isn't very nice."

His sense of delight and mischief was overwhelming. "Let me make it up to you."

He leaned in slowly and kissed her. His lips still sweet from the candy and his emotions intoxicating. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed him back.

Someone whistled.

"Oh gross, quit it you two not again!" Fred yelled and began to toss candy at the couple.

George pulled away with a grin "Am I forgiven?" He asked pretending like Fred wasn't there.

"Mmmm nope." Lyra responded breathlessly. "Not quite yet."

"What?!" He asked "you wound me so Stone."

Lyra turned to the other two. "We better get going if we want to make it to the meeting on time. Come on, I'll help you carry your bags."

Arms full of paper bags full of the best Zonkos had to offer, the four headed to the Hogs head.