Goodbye

Lyra awoke early the next morning, and she was sure it was some sort of omen for the day. To say she felt worse then death didn't quite capture the ache in her bones or the lurch of her stomach. Quietly, and with care, she untangled herself from George and slipped from the bed. She was going to make a run for the door, slipping away before anyone else woke. But as soon as she was on her feet her stomach lurched in an unsafe way and she found herself running for the bathroom instead.

Falling to her knees she emptied her guts violently into the porcelain bowl. She didn't hear the door open, but a cool hand reached down and pulled her hair back up out of her face, and another rubbed small circles into her back.

Lyra tried to look up to see who it was, but the motion of it made her nausea worse and she ended up leaning back over the bowl, throwing up until she was dry heaving.

"Your okay," George said soothingly, "It'll all be over soon and you'll feel much better."

She waited until she was sure it was safe to move, and then fell shakily back onto the tile floor. Wiping her face free from drool and puke. "I'm sorry George." She said "I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's fine, I woke when you got out of bed and I'm glad I did so I could make sure your okay."

Her whole body shook, she was freezing. "I'm okay," She lied and despite his tired eyes and the fact he was probably feeling just as crummy he smiled.

"Your definitely not. Your pale as a ghost and shaking like a leaf."

"I'm just a bit cold.... And gross feeling...."

He chuckled and helped her to her feet. "Why don't you hop in the shower? I bet it will make you feel better."

"What about you? Are you going back to bed?"

He shrugged. "Probably not. Why? Do you want me to come with you?" He teased.

"Kind of." She said honestly, not meeting his gaze.

"Okay."

She looked to him hopefully, "Really?"

"Yeah but no funny business got it?" He joked.

"I don't think I have enough energy in me for funny business." She groaned.

He chuckled placing a cool hand on her warm head. "Mmmm that's the downside of drinking my love."

George grabbed the towels and clothes as she started the shower. The water was hot, and at the very least soothed her aching body. There was a knock at the door and someone came in.

"Am I still good to join you?" George asked.

"If you think you can handle it yes."

His face peered from around the curtain he looked her up and down grinning. "I don't know, I've been the more well behaved one lately."

Memories of last night flooded her mind and she blushed looking away, "are you getting in or not?"

"Hmmmmm shower with a beautiful naked girl? Nah I think I'll just sit this one out."

She rolled her eyes "just hurry it up."

He chuckled disappearing behind the curtain again. She watched as his silhouette undressed through the curtain. Turninf away as he slipped the curtain back again and got in with her.

"Which soap is yours?" She asked letting him slip under the water. Looking anywhere but at him.

He chuckled and grabbed the middle one off the small shelf. "This one." She popped off the cork pouring some onto her hands and applying to herself. "Want some help?" George asked.