The Interrogation

The minute Lyra stepped outside the kitchen George grabbed her hand and aperated to his and Fred's room.

Lyra let out a curse as they landed on his bed. She screwed her eyes shut trying to stop the world from spinning.

When the world came too she saw George sitting next to her, an envelope in his hand. He grinned at her.

"Is this what I think it is?"

She blushed. "Give it here George."

He began to reopen the envelope. "You know, I dont think I will."

She lunged for it but he aperated out of her reach. The envelope was open now, he was pulling out the letter. She lunged again.

This time though he took it as an opportunity to grab her. He wrestled her down on the bed. Straddling her to keep her in place.

Lyra froze unable to catch her breath, her heart beating like crazy.

"Sit. Still." He ordered, but the blush on his face didn't go unnoticed. Dear Lord, she thought. If someone walked in right now...

George unfolded the letter and held it so she could not see it. She watched him scan over the contents. Looking for any indication of good or bad in his face.

"Oh Lyra." He said hopeless, "honestly, its tragic."

Fear ran through her. "Don't be a jerk. You got to read it! Tell me!"

He grinned at her. "You know, I dont like your tone."

"George." She growled.

"Alright, Alright." He said sliding off and allowing her to sit up. She snatched the letter from his hands.

As she had expected it was her o.w.l results. She scanned down the list of grades and let out a sigh of relief. Flopping back down onto the bed. "You had me really nervous there for a moment."

"You should be nervous! This won't do at all." He scolded.

She looked up at him worry emitting from her. So much worry that she didnt even notice the pride emitting from him. "Why? Because I got an E in defense against the dark arts? Do you really think it will hold me back?"

He looked at her unbelieving, realizing just how worried she was. He leaned over her, brushing the hair our of her face. "No Lyra," he said softly "Its because you only got All O's, the best possible grade, and one E, the second-best possible grade. You are going to ruin Fred and I's reputation getting the highest marks of the entire year above you."

She turned scarlet and her eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips. "W-We don't know that."

He leaned closer, fanning her lips with his breath. "Don't we?"

The door swung open and George was gone. Lyra blinked up at the ceiling. Her brain not quite registering what had just happened.

Fred looked over at the two, both red-faced and out of breath.  He smirked,  "Well dont stop on my account." He teased and flopped down on his bed.

George leaned back over and grabbed the letter that was now laying on the bed. He waved it at his brother "You'll never guess what you missed."

Lyra sat up next to him now, frowning. "I thought you didn't want to tell people?"

"You two aren't getting hitched are you?"

"Of course not."

"Absolutely."

Lyra glared at George and he grinned back. Fred rolled his eyes and snatched the letter. He let out a groan of disgust.

"Jesus Lyra, couldn't you have at least tried to be a bit stupid? With grades like this you're going to be made a prefect."

She snorted "No one in their right mind would make me a Ravenclaw prefect."

"Oh,  and why is that?"

"Let's just say I lack people's skills."

Fred snorted "That's true.  Can't imagine any punk taking you very seriously. " She glared at him and gestured for the letter back. "Listen." Fred said lowering his voice "whatever you do, don't let Mum see okay? We'll never hear the end of it if she finds out you did so well. "

She took the letter back. "Relax, I have no desire too."

"Good." He smirked then "So when the wedding?"

"There is no Wedding, for Heaven's sake, I'm only 15."

"I'll widdle you down one of these days," George said with a wink.

"BOYS, LYRA, HERMIONE, GINNY, COME ON DOWN." Mrs. Weasley's voice rang up the stairs. Fred went to get up but George signaled for him to sit back down.

"Before I forget, there was something else I wanted to tell you," George said with a whisper. As if his mother might manifest if he spoke too loudly about it.

Fred leaned in, "go on then."

"Lyra's sitting in on the meeting tonight."

"Whatttt?" He smirked at her "How'd you manage that one? We've been trying to get Mum and Dad to let us sit in on one for months."

"I didn't," Lyra said softly. "My parents wanted me too"

Fred smirked again "this is great a spy on the inside!"

"BOYS, LYRA."

Lyra's stomach did a flip. "We better go."