News of Harry

It was instant there was no warning like last time. One minute Lyra was sitting chatting merrily with Ginny, very conscious of George's eyes on her, and the next the world was full of electricity. She stood clutching her chest her pulse racing, her heart beating out of her chest. Something was wrong. Harry. It was Harry. She knew it.

Everyone had stopped talking and were now looking at Lyra with worry. George stood and went to her immediately. "Someone go get mum." He barked sternly, unlike his normal self. He placed his hands on her face and suppressed the urge to leap back. She calmed under his touch, almost buckling. "Lyra, babe, what's wrong?"

"Harry. He's in danger. Get Dumbledore. Get- Get anyone. Somethings wrong!"

Mrs. Weasley and Sirius were there in an instant. "It's alright Lyra, Dumbledore already knows. He says Harry's safe."

They walked her back over to her seat, George refusing to let go. Her hand was still on her heart. "He was so cold." She whispered and Sirius and Mrs. Weasley shared a look of surprise.

"What's happened?" Hermione asked fear wavering her voice.

"There was an attack on Harry. Mongdungous left his post and dementors cornered him and his cousin in an alley. They're alright though, Harry fought them off."

There was a slam downstairs and Mrs. blacks screaming filled the halls. Professor Dumbledore appeared in the doorway, his presence was immense and full of anger. Lyra coiled away from him and into herself, never fearing the man more then now. George sensed this in an instant and placed himself between the two. Almost as if to fight the headmaster. As if he was responsible for Lyra's pain.

Dumbledore surveyed them all. His eyes landing on George and Lyra last. He began to put his walls back up, trying to spare the girl from his wrath. "Molly, Sirius,  You are needed downstairs for the meeting." They moved without question and his eyes remained on his students. "I must put emphasis on the importance that Harry must not know anything about the situation that has unraveled or the order. You may feel a great urge to write to him in his time of need, but you must resist. He must not know anything. Can you all promise me that?"

There was hesitation, but yes's rang out around the room. Lyra stayed quiet. Her emotions swirling. She would hate to be stuck without knowing. She knew Harry would too.

"Lyra?" He asked uncharacteristically stern.

"Fine," she grumbled, "But it is a mistake."

Hermione shared a look with Ron before jumping in. "Professor Dumbledore," she began quite nervously "I'd have to agree if Harry's just left there with no sort of information I'm afraid he might act a bit rash..." Lyra could feel Hermione's guilt and fear by questioning Dumbledore's words and a surge of love and pride for the girl filled her. It was much harder for her then Lyra but she did it anyway. "Surely there are other ways we could contact him besides owl?"

Dumbledore shook his head, but all signs of anger or sternness were gone. He looked at his students with pride, for their loyalty to their friend was much greater than their loyalty to rules. "I'm sorry but you must just trust me on this, the amount of danger that it would put Harry in far outweighs the risks of keeping him in the dark. I understand that it will not be easy for him and that it may even put strain on your friendships. But his safety is my first priority as headmaster and I would not ask you to do this if it was not important."

The room was silent, they offered up no more arguments. He nodded his head, bowed, and left the room. Leaving them to themselves. George turned back to Lyra and before she could say anything he scooped her up into a back-breaking hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

"That was a bit frightening." Fred said with a small grin, "been a while since you went all Trelawney on us."

George put her down and she glared at Fred. "Do not compare me to that woman," she said with distaste. Her voice was still fairly weak, and her skin deathly pale. 

"Well since Mums going to be busy for quite a while, why don't we get some work done on the skiving snack boxes?"

"Sure," Lyra answered but she was looking at Hermione. The twins turned and began to leave Lyra following them slowly. When she got to the doorway she looked at Hermione and Ron once more. "If you need me, just call."

Ron looked confused but Hermione nodded. "Thanks Lyra."

She smiled softly and nodded back. "Of course."