The Snack Boxes

Lyra followed the boys up the stairs and to their room. George held the door open for her but she paused. "Actually, if we are going to be working on the snack boxes I should grab some of my books."

"Are they in your room?"  He asked.

"Yes but I can-" she was cut off by a loud crack and George was gone. She sighed and followed Fred in. "Must you two always do that?"

"Youre just jealous Stone. I'm actually surprised you aren't keener to aperate with us. Just think of how good you'll be by the time you take the test."

She could not hide the interest that his statement peaked and he smirked in victory. "Hadn't thought of that had you Stone?"

"Let's just get to work." She said shaking her head.

Fred went over to the trunk at the end of his bed and pulled it away from the bed. Once he had he moved the rug that it had been on he began to pull up floorboards. Lyra walked over and started to help. Under the floorboards there was a shallow space between the floor they were on and the one under it, pipes and beams of wood ran between these two floors and light leaked up from the room below. The space was filled with boxes, bags, and bottles of strange-looking liquids. Pretty much everything for the joke shop experiments. She really hoped Serious didn't mind them cutting a hole in his floor. Though thinking about it, she had a
feeling he probably wouldn't. Especially if it was because two teenage boys were trying to hide prank stuff from their mother.

"So, what shall we test today?"

There was a loud crack and George appeared on his bed. A duffle bag around his shoulder and a large stack of books in his hand. "Blimey Lyra how many books do you own?"

She smiled, he should have seen her collection at home. "Did you look in my trunk?"

"No, Ginny wouldn't let me. She said all you studied with your healing books quite a bit, so they were probably all in this bag or by it." He placed the bag down with a loud thud and the stack next to it. She stood and kneeled onto the floor next to them unzipping the bag and looking through them.

"What I'll need depends on what you're going to test. I think we should hold off on the nose bleed nuggets, I'm unsure if I can stop the bleeding depending on how much it is."

"How about the puking pustules?" George suggested.

Lyra's face scrunched up but she didn't object. They would have to get around to it at one point or another. "You two going to flip a coin again?" She asked.

"Nah." Fred said, "I'll take one for the team, but George has to do the fainting fancy's because I hate passing out."

George shrugged, "Fine by me,"

Fred grabbed a black box out of the hole while Lyra searched through her books. An anti-poison potion may work if the other end of the candy did not. Her real worry was getting the medication in him after he had taken the other half. She flipped through a couple of her books writing down notes as she went. Fred and George watched her patiently, knowing by now rushing her was no good. She looked up at them abruptly. "George, could you set up my cauldron please?"

He nodded and with a wave of his wand a fire was lit in the fireplace and her cauldron was levitated out of the hole and over to the fire. Lyra stood, her potion book in hand and walked over to the hole. George had to stifle a laugh as she leaned in and began rummaging around. She looked as though she was about to fall in.

"Hey Stone?" Fred asked sharing a look with George.

"Yes, Weasley?" She retorted as she pulled different bottles of ingredients out of a small pouch.