A Rude Awakening

Sleep clung to Lyra keeping her captive. There was one small part of her that knew she should be awake and getting ready for the day, ready for classes, but she was all to warm, and all to comfortable to fight the sleep away. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept so soundly. She could hear voices, distant in hushed tones, and she wondered if there were people standing outside her door talking. She shifted pulling the blanket up a bit higher, and snuggling deeper into her bed. There was a flash and a sound she couldn't quite place, and then to her confusion, the bed shifted under her.

"What the bloody hell was that?" It grumbled.

Lyra scrambled up in terror, as a chorus of laughter and snickers echoed around her. She looked around widely wand in hand trying to get her bearings.

"Woah their Lyra," a familiar voice said and Lyra whipped around to see Fred, Ginny, and Lee. "No need to hex us, just a camera not a weapon."

She lowered her wand, blinked twice at them, "w-where am I?"

The ground beneath her shifted and two arms wrapped around her waist pulling her back down. "Bug off you three, it's to early for this."

Lyra turned to see that it was not her bed, but George, last night came flooding back, they had fallen asleep together in the Gryffindor common room.

"S-sorry," she said to them, her cheeks pink "I must have fallen asleep here without realizing it."

"I'm sure." Ginny said grinning, "I guess you also accidentally changed out of your robes and into what looks like something of George's."

"You never know," Fred teased, "George always could have done it while she was sleeping, wouldn't put it past the pervert."

"You caught me," George said rolling his eyes but not quite able to keep the grin off his face. Lyra sat up again, and George groaned "don't leave you're so warm." He sat up with her this time pulling her to him and nuzzling her neck.

She looked up at the three horrified, and Fred quickly raised the camera once again and blinded them with a flash. "D-did you just take a picture of us?"

He smirked, "blackmail."

"Where did you even get a camera?"

"Borrowed it from a fourth year."

"I hope by borrowed you don't mean took by force."

Fred was about to reply when Ginny cut in "as much as I'd love to do this all day, we've really got to get a move on if we have any shot of Lyra not getting banned for life."

George's grip on her tightened, "I'd like to see them try."

She rolled her eyes, "well as much as you may be up for that I have a feeling she doesn't want to get an ear full from our head of house or hers."

He sighed, "I suppose your right," and let her go.

"Come on Lyra, you can get ready in my room." Lyra stood, and went to grab her clothes from yesterday, she was surprised to see them freshly folded and clean. She paused looking at them perplexed. "What's up?" Ginny asked seeing her confusion.

"My robes are clean..."

"It was probably the house-elves." She said, "now let's get a move on."

She followed her up to her dorm room, where she took a quick shower and got changed. "Thank you, Ginny," Lyra said sincerely as she entered the room again freshly dressed. Ginny looked up from her bed.

"It's no biggie."

"Still, I appreciate it a lot."

"Lyra you and George are getting pretty serious huh?"