The Healer and the Jokers

Serious Black stood at the end of the hall. Their eyes met, and she could tell at first he didn't find anything strange about her being there. She thought about slipping back into the room before he pieced it together, but the sheer panic in her eyes gave her away.

He grinned at her. "Morning Lyra, your up early."

She nodded. Her hand still on the door. Her heart beating rapidly against her chest. She felt like an animal trapped in a cage.

He started toward her. "The twins up too?"

She nodded again, without thinking.

His grin widened. "Why don't we all head down and I'll cook breakfast?"

She felt the door open wider behind her and two redheads popped out. "That sounds great, I'm starving!"

"Yeah me too, how about you Lyra?" George said placing a hand on her shoulder. She noticed that he hadn't had the sense to put a shirt on. Serious seemed to notice too.

"Alright well Lyra and I will go down and get started and why don't you two finish getting dressed?"

She placed a hand over her beat red face and nodded. These boys really were going to be the death of her. They really were.

Lyra followed Serious down into the kitchen. She went to go grab a pan from the cabinet but he scolded her to sit and pulled out his wand. With a wave at the fridge and the stove, breakfast began to cook itself.

He slid in the seat across from her and she looked down at her hands, anxious to not have anything to do. She could feel his eyes on her.

"S-serious?"

"Yes?"

She could feel his amusement. "You're not going to tell Mrs. Weasley and my parents about this morning are you? Because I know what it may seem like but-"

Serious's face spilt into a wolfish grin and he leaned back in his chair. "Relax Stone I'm not going to tell anyone's mother. Plus it's pretty obvious what was going on."

"I-it was?"

He flicked his wand again cracking some eggs into a pan. "The one night your not screaming in your sleep and I find you sneaking out of the twins' room. Yeah, I pieced it together."

She relaxed. "O-oh."

"Plus it's not like I'd expect you two to go at it with Fred right there in the room."

Lyra was so startled she almost fell out of her seat. Then there was a loud crack making her jump again. She grabbed her heart as Fred grabbed her elbow, steadying her.

"Easy there Lyra." He said with a chuckle. "My brother will kill me if you keel over dead."

She glared at him trying to calm herself. There was another crack as George apparated into the room, but she was ready for it this time and did not jump.

"Why dont you two just use the stairs?"

"Because time is money Stone," Fred said pouring himself a glass of orange juice. Lyra reached over and snatched the juice.

Serious watched them for a moment sipping his coffee. Lyra looked over feeling his eyes, she could tell he wanted to ask something. She raised an eyebrow to say go ahead.

"I was just curious if you filled them in on last night's meeting."

The twin's eyes were on her now and she placed the juice down. Studying Serious closely.

"They haven't asked me, so I figure they already have a pretty good idea." She said simply.

George grinned sheepishly, and Fred smacked her arm lightly. "Oi don't go giving all of our secrets away!"