Phase one

Lyra slid down next to Hermione and Ron at Gryffindor table for lunch. Hermione looked up at her, and Lyra knew by her worry that she knew something was up.

"Hey-"

"Hi, do you know what the twins are up too?" She said in a rush of air.

"Maybe, where's Harry?"

"Filch grabbed him," Ron said, "What are those two up too? I'm not gonna get a letter from mum about this am I? You better tell me now if I am so I can try and stop em."

Lyra ignored him, "that's good, can't have much of a better alibi then Filch."

Lee slid down across from her. Their eyes met and he grinned, "wouldn't let you help either then?"

"Nope, not that I really mind, I prefer the development side of things, although I didn't have anything to do with these."

"What on earth are you two going on about?" Ron asked frustratedly.

"If they'd had wanted you to know Ron, they would have told you." Lee said.

Hermione turned to Lyra though, "Aren't you worried about them?" she asked causing Lyra's chest to tighten, "You know they're planning to leave school right? And they could get in serious trouble for this. Especially with Umbridge-"

"Hermione, of course Lyra is worried. Don't think guilting her is going to stop them though." Lee said cutting her off, Lyra could feel his irritation.

Hermione flooded with guilt, but Lyra couldn't be mad, she knew she only wanted the best for the twins. "I bet they wouldn't if you asked them... you could convince them to stay, finish their schooling."

"But I won't." Lyra replied calmly, filling her plate. "I appreciate it Hermione, and I know they would too. It's clear how much you care about them, you too Ron. But George and Fred are adults, they can make their own choices."

"Here here!" Lee said holding up his cup.

Hermione, stubborn to the core, pushed on though. "Lyra you can't be serious, they could be making one of the biggest mistakes of their life, without finishing their schooling-"

Lyra set her fork down, and took Hermione's hand in hers, making her emotions and intent clear. "I have never stood in the twins way before, I'm not going to now. It's their decision, their mistake to make. I'm sorry but I have no intention on trying to stop them." And though she didn't say it out loud, she knew Hermione could feel it. A fundamental difference in their beliefs. Weather it was right or wrong Lyra believed in the right to carve out ones own destiny. Make their own choices. Regardless if those choices weren't the safest or necessarily best route.

Hermione sighed in defeat letting her hand drop away, "well alright then, I suppose there's no point in us pestering you about it then. You're as stubborn as them you know."

Lyra was about to reply when a large BOOM! Sounded and the great hall fell quiet. Lyra and Lee both smiled at each other, as whispers broke out around them. "Sounds like it's began," she sighed.

Several professors, and Students went to see what the noise was, but it didn't take long for the loud, bright, slightly dangerous, fireworks to make their way to the great hall or around the rest of the school for that matter. They bounced off the walls, violently into people, wrote horrid things in the air, and collided into each other morphing them into something even more dangerous.

"Oh dear," Hermione said as she and Lyra watched one crash into an armored suit, only then to barrel off in another direction. "They just keep going don't they?"