Starting Again

Lyra could hear the bustling of Diagon alley from the open window, feel the cool morning breeze flutter the sheets against her skin.

This wasn't what woke her though. No, what had stirred her was the gentle touch of finger tips tracing shapes onto her bare arm. The rise and fall of their warm chest against her back. The gentle flutter of her hair from their breath. She stirred, turning towards the warmth and burying her face into it. She felt his chest vibrate with a soft laugh.

"You awake love?" George whispered leaving a trail of kisses down her shoulder and arm.

"Mmmmm that depends." Lyra sighed into him. Breathing in his intoxicating scent.

"On what?"

"If this is a dream or not."

"Nope. Real as ever I'm afraid."

Lyra flopped onto her back, and her pale blue eyes, fluttered open to meet his dark brown ones. Georges mind thought back to the night before, her petrified eyes almost colorless in the moonlight. He shook the thought away.

"I suppose I'm awake then." She said woth a sigh.

George grinned at her, before leaning in and gently kissing her. He was hesitant and much more gentle then usual. As if she was a glass doll. Lyra pulled away and cupped his face. He raised an eyebrow and she squished his cheeks together. "Cut it out Weasley."

"Cu wha ou?"

She smirked and let go of his face. "I won't shatter in two just because you kiss me."

"Well your injured don't want to get carried away now do we?" But they both knew he wasn't worried about the scars on her back. Hd was waiting for everything to set in. For the shock to break away.

She rolled her eyes and sat up stretching. "My lips arent."

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back into him. "Safety first."

"Shouldn't you be at the shop?" She asked noticing a decent ammount of light in the room.

"Fred never came to wake me so I'm assuming not. Why? Sick of me already?"

She leaned back into him. "Mmmm I suppose not."

"Gee thanks."

She smiled up at him and he felt his heart speed up. Over a year together and that smile still drove him crazy.

"Do you think we could go?"

"To the shop?"

"Yeah."

"If your feeling up to it, of course."

Lyra scrambled out of his arms and off the bed. "let's go then! I want to see it!"

"Woah hold your horses." George laughed, "How about we eat first?"

Lyra pouted. "I'm not hungry."

"Your never hungry. You eat like a damn bird."

"Not true I ate a whole big bowl of soup last night."

George grinned, sitting and stretching himself. "And how long had it been since you'd eaten? Because you certainly didn't eat Breakfast or Lunch the day I came to visit. Something tells me you didn't have time for dinner either."

She blushed "Finnnne."

Lyra followed George through the small flat, it looked completely different in the warm light of the summer day. Once they got to the kitchen she walked over to one of the windows opening it and letting the noise from down below fill the space.