29

MAMA.
The biggest music award show in Asia.
A chance for everyone to show the world who they are and what they are capable of, both musically and performance wise.

Since WayV are a newer group, this is our chance to get attention upon us. Therefor we have prepared a whole lot for the show tonight. We're gonna perform our intro, 'moonwalk' and 'take off'.

I've been using the last couple of days to control all of my anxiety. We've been performing on stage a lot of times already, but this, this is different, it's important.

Right now we're taking a smaller break from rehearsal. Everything is so far going as planned, so no one is really stressed or anything, but the tension from everybody's nervousness is clear in the air.

I sit on my chair, stamping with my foot on the floor quickly, without realizing, and just staring into the wall.

Suddenly I feel something vibrating in my pocket and I pick it up, curious to know who would be calling me right now.
The sight of the well known name showing up on my screen, makes me smile immediately.

"Hi Princess!" My friend on the other line says just as I pressed the answer button.

"Well hello Mr. Wang, can I help you with anything?" I ask Jackson sarcastically.

"Actually you can Ms. Zhong. I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay with you, before tonight." He asks in the same sarcastic tone as me, but with a slight more serious undertone.

He knows how nervous I can get, and the fact that he thought of it now is really sweet.
I haven't seen Jackson in awhile, not since I was accepted into SM, so I really look forward to catch up with him tonight.

"I'm doing fine! Completely fine. I've been working with my anxiety, so I should be good to go." I say, hoping to sound convincing enough. It's not like I'm lying, I have been working with my anxiety and you could say I'm fine, since I'm not dying or anything. But the I would lie if I said my nervousness weren't slowly taking over my body, minute by minute.

"Listen Lia. I know that you're extremely nervous right now, but don't worry. I've seen your performances on television and you're amazing. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Besides I'm gonna be there, so if you get nervous, just look for me in the audience." He says. He's one of my only real friends I have, and he's doing an amazing job being one.

"Thank you Jackson. It's just that not everybody likes me since I'm the only girl in this group, and the audience is so big and filled with people from all over Asia. What if there's so many haters so they'll do things like throw things on stage or creating a black ocean(A/N: If you not know what that is, it's basically where the audience agrees on turning off their light sticks, so the whole audience is completely black. It's happened a few times in kpop and it's literally the most disrespectful thing ever... anyway on with the story :))..."

"Woah woah woah. Lia calm down. that's not gonna happen. Listen to me, not one single idol does not have haters, and I promise you that you have way more fans than haters, and they'll definitely support you and the rest of your group when you guys are on stage. So don't worry about such a ridiculous thing." He cuts me off in my rant about how people will hate me, and his words does comfort me and makes my thoughts go into the right tracks again.

"I know I know. Well I definitely look forward to see you and the rest of the guys later tonight. Oh! I didn't get to ask how things are with you?" I suddenly remember to return Jackson's considerate question.

"Well thanks for asking princess." A small laugh escapes his throat. "Uhm everything is kinda fine yea, it's just the outfits which our staff are struggling with, since they happened to order them in a wrong size. Just an honest mistake, but you could say things are a bit stressful over here." Just as he says that, I can hear a frustrated lady yell to Jackson that he needs to try a new outfit immediately, sounding like she's in complete panic.
I just laugh at his chaotic situation.