8

I'm confused. Why would SM call me?

Maybe it has something to do with Chenle, is he ok?

Many thoughts goes through my mind, before the voice in the other end of the phone speaks again.

"Yeah hello Liang, we're calling you because as far as we understand, you didn't make it in JYP, right?" The woman asks calmly.

"Yeah that's correct." I say, a little annoyed with getting reminded about that.
"But what is this about? Is it my brother?" I ask, cause my patience is apparently no where to be seen.

"No no, he's just fine, we're actually calling, because we're interested in you Liang."

Now I'm just even more confused

"In me? What do you mean interested?" I ask.

"Well, we saw some footage of you performing, send by JYP, and we can see you're a really talented performer, so we would like for you to come over to us, if you're still interested in being an idol." She says, apparently giving me a second chance on becoming an artist.

I felt the happiness taking over for just a moment, before I remember one of the reasons I'm not with JYP anymore.

"Ah, I'm very flattered, but I don't know if you're aware of my age, but I can't take a chance on becoming a trainee again, for what might be years." I say with a pout, possibly missing a huge opportunity.

"Ah don't worry, we know your age, and we're not interested in you to become a trainee again, we're in search for a person, who's ready to become an idol, right now."

My heart stopped.

"We're already in the middle of making a new group, we just need to find the last member, and we saw your footage, and the fact that you've already been a trainee for a couple years and your current level in especially dance is very high, we think you might be the right candidate."

I can't believe what I'm hearing, I was just given a huge second chance. I'm speechless.

There goes several seconds by before I can get any word out, Im just in pure shock.

"Liang? Are you still there?" The woman in the other end of the phone asks with slight worry and confusion in her voice.

"Uh, yeah sorry... uhm yes, yes! Of course I'll accept." I say, still in shock.

"Okay, well it would be perfect if you would come by on Monday, so we can talk and see what you're able to do in person." She says calmly with slight relief in her voice.

"Oh, and remember some ID, so the reception knows it's you, and not some crazy fan."

"Yes, that's perfect, and I'll remember ID. Okay see you then!" I say and she hangs up.

I sit down on my bed, with a big smile on my face, trying to overcome the just given information.

I look down at my hands, which are shaking like crazy.

Then Jackson, who walked out of my room to go to the bathroom, just when I answered the phone call a couple minutes ago, comes into my room again.

When he sees me, confusion can be read on his face.

"Hey, why are you smiling all of a sudden? You're not going crazy, right?" He asks in a mixture of joking, but with slight concern.

"No, no, SM just called." I say, not looking him in the eyes, but at the pastel green wall behind him.

"Why? Something about your brother?" He asks and sits beside me.

"No, about me." I say, not moving my gaze, still not able to digest the phone call.

"They are apparently in the making of a new idol group. They saw some footage of me from JYP, and they think I might be the perfect candidate." I say in a monotone voice, still not believing the words are actually true.

Jackson's eyes becomes wide.

"Really?! Omg, that's so great!!"

He then gives me a giant hug.

"I knew you could do it!" He says with a wide smile.

I laugh, happy about having Jackson as a friend, he's always so supporting.

"I just still kinda wonder how they got the footage, did JYP just give it to them?" I ask, not because I expect him to have an answer, but mostly just because I wonder.

"Hmm, I heard that they sometimes give each other recordings of some of their trainees to the other companies, if they don't think they can use them as idols." He answered.
"But you shouldn't think about that, that doesn't matter, you'll be going to SM, and I promise you, you'll be famous by the end of the year." He says jokingly.

"Yah! Don't say that, if you do then it probably won't be true." I say, hitting him gently on his arm.

"Okay okay, lets go out and eat dinner to celebrate." He says before grabbing my arm and walking out the door.

———————————————————————

A/N

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
And if you did, please feel free to vote and leave a comment. If you do, you will definitely make my day! Thank you so much for reading❤️