39

Lia's POV

Hyeon is now proved guilty. It happened yesterday.
She is convicted of being in possession of illegal drugs.

She is now in prison and she's also kicked out of JYP, so her career has now officially ended.
Is it my fault? Did I really ruin somebody's life just like that?

I took another sip of my green tea while I was zoned out in my own thoughts.
It's raining outside, the heavy drops hits the glass windows in the living room.

I'm home at my parents. I've gotten a week off to get over all of this, so I can get back to work with a clear mindset, before we have to start preparing for our next album, which is set to be released in a very long time, months - almost half a year, so we're really not busy, therefor I have the opportunity to take this small break with good conscience.

Suddenly my phone rings on the table next to me. I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi Lia!" A light, young female voice answers.

"Hi? Who is this?" I ask a bit awkwardly.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Uhm it's Cho. I don't know if you remember me."

My eyes go wide, because I do remember her. She was the younger girl from the JYP trainee group I was in. She was always so sweet to me, but why is she calling me now?

"Cho! Of course I remember you." I say with a smile on my lips.

"Haha I'm glad then." She says, and genuinely sounding relieved.

"But may I ask why you are calling me. I mean you are always welcome to do so, I just wasn't expecting you to right now?" I ask, hoping that she doesn't think I don't want her to call me, I'm just extremely curious as to why she is calling me now.

"Yes of course. You see... I want you to know that it was me who recorded and send the video." She says, while her voice sounds smaller.

"Video?"

"Yes, you know, THE video, the one which got send to mnet."

"That was you?!"

I'm genuinely surprised. I haven't thought about the source that got us that video at all since I watched it, and I honestly just thought it might have been some creep who was too embarrassed to reveal himself and therefor just kept himself anonymous.

"Yes, it was me. The reason I didn't tell you sooner was, if Hyeon found out about it, she would kill me."

"Haha, makes sense. But can I ask you something?"

"Yes of course."

"I hope it's not weird to ask, but why did you follow me in that hallway?"

"Oh! Yea I suppose it would seem a bit creepy that someone was filming you that way, but don't worry, I had no weird intent with it. The truth is that I actually overheard Hyeon talking about what she wanted to do, and when she started to get ready to go after you, I followed you first, and hid so she wouldn't see me when she would walk out."

I am so impressed by her, she really did that.

"Wow. I mean thank you so much! If it wasn't for you, she wouldn't have been catched." I say gratefully.

"Oh it's nothing. I just overheard her, and I knew that she was mentally capable to do such thing, therefor I only did what I thought was the right thing."

"Well I'm very thankful, I seriously owe you one."

"Haha no you don't, but I would be glad if we could drink a cup of coffee together sometime." She offers.

"I would be happy too!" I answer excited. I actually would really like to, and I look forward to hearing how everything goes for her.

———————————————————

After my phone call with Cho I just chill in my parents' living room and read my book. This is something I actually really enjoy. I haven't really had the time to read a lot of books lately, so I'm going to spend this relaxing week here to do so.

I stand up from the sand colored couch to refill my teacup, but before I reach the kitchen, the doorbell rings.

When I open the dark wooden door three familiar figures show in the door frame

"Hey big sis!" Chenle says and immediately wrap me up in a hug.

"Hey what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to visit you and mom and dad, to see how you're holding up. Oh - and I brought Jisung, cause I'll be bored otherwise."

I hit him playfully on his shoulder and welcomes Jisung inside, who has just gotten even taller than last week - in my eyes.

"Oh yeah, Ten also wanted to join for some reason, hopefully that's okay."

I turn to the last figure standing in the frame and I look at the familiar comforting face which is currently grinning.

"Is it the other two who's getting taller and taller, or just you who's shrinking?" I ask jokingly, since he by far is the shortest of the three.

He pretends to be hurt and crosses his arms sarcastically.

"Hey! Is that how you welcome me? I come here to visit you, and then you're just body shaming me like that for my height, the audacity-"

I cut him off by jumping up in his arms

"Thank you!"

He laughs.

"If you hadn't visited her and recorded her, I would still worry about it, but because of you, I don't have to anymore, so I want you to know that I'm really grateful."

I look around to see if my brother and Jisung is out of sight, and I then quickly give him a kiss, before I let go of his arms.
———————————————————

A/N

Hi!
So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if so, please leave a vote and comment your thoughts❤️
I have a couple questions for y'all:
1) Do you like these lengths of the chapters, or would you like for them to be longer?
2) Do you have any book recs?(not wattpad books)☺️

See ya!💗