17

We step inside the dorm and I can immediately see that it's way more spacious than the one back in Seoul.
When you step in you are in some kind of living room, where there's already a couch, some chairs and a tv. Then connected to it is a kitchen, it's not a giant kitchen, but not small either. I think the only downside here is that there's only two bathrooms and we're eight people, so that's gonna be interesting in the morning.

We split up to go find our rooms to unpack.
Me and Chitta rush to get the biggest room, beating the others to it.

I look around to see the room. I've kinda hoped it would be two small separate beds, instead of one big. But I guess I'm not that lucky. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against sharing a bed with Chitta, it just has potential to cause some awkward situations.

"We need to hurry and unpack, I think it has been planned that we're gonna go to vocal practice today." Chitta says, probably more to kill the silence, than to be informative.

"Ah, really? But we just got here." I complain, while falling into the bed exhausted.

He comes over and stands over me, so he's looking down at me with a big grin on his face.

"Yes, sorry to disappoint you miss. Besides I honestly can't wait to hear you sing, I haven't really heard you yet." He says.

Well that's not nerve wrecking at all...

"Wait, that's not fair!" I exclaim with a prominent frown on my face.

"Why?"

"Cause I've already heard you sing from your other songs, you haven't heard me, so I'll be judged on this time, while we all know you're able to sing perfectly." I say, while waving my arms complaining in the air

He just laughs at my outburst, giving me a hand to get up.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine, no one will judge you today, especially not me." He says, looking straight in my eyes.

I blush lightly. Praying that he doesn't notice, but I don't think anyone will receive my prayer, since our faces are inches apart suddenly, for some reason.

I look away, and start to unpack my things, cause this situation is getting too much for me.

// Time skip

(Ten's POV )
We're currently in the vocal practice room. All eight of us, the rappers are for some reason also told to come, I guess they also need to be able to sing somewhat nicely.

I look to my side, to see Lia looking really nervous, I can tell by her wide eyes, looking out on nothing at all and her hands, which she has hidden in her sweater.
I give her shoulder a soft squeeze, in an attempt to ease her nerves a bit.
I don't know why she gets so nervous all of a sudden, she has nothing to be afraid of.

Then our new vocal coach comes in and introduces herself as Fei Hong.

We start by doing a few exercises, warming up our vocal cords. It ends up sounding like a ritual in a cult, cause of all the weird noises we have to make on the same time as each other.

Then finally we get a song handed to us, which means that we need to sing.

"You don't get a song each, we don't have time for that, but you've each got handed out a song which a few of the others also have, which means that we'll go through a couple songs, and you'll all get to sing at least one verse, so we can all hear you individually. The lines I've highlighted on each paper is the lines you need to sing, okay?"

We all nod, to agree that we understand.

In the first song it's me, Kun, Hendery and Lucas who get to sing.

When we're done the others clap.

Then it's the others, I can see Lia is nervous, so I whisper a discreet "you can do it." To her and give her a smile. She smiles back and takes a deep breath.

Winwin starts with the first verse, and he does really well.

Then in the second verse, an extremely nice and soothing tone comes out from Lia's mouth, sounding almost like honey. Her voice is clear, but also has a slight rasp to it, I don't really know how to explain it. I can't help but gape at her. I'm really impressed. Why was she so nervous? She's really good.

Then the chorus hits, and Xiao comes in to harmonize with Lia, which creates a heavenly sound.

Then Yang Yang gets a verse. Winwin then comes in again, sharing a verse with Xiaojun and Xiaojun and Lia ends the song with the final chorus.

We all clap, and when Lia approaches me, I give her a quick hug.

"You did so good Lia! Why were you so nervous?" I ask, while smiling at her.

She just shrugs and I spot a little blush in her cheek, just like earlier today. It feels like she isn't used to getting praised.

//

(Liang's POV)
Later we decide to go out to get something to eat.

I don't know why I was so nervous to sing in front of the others. I guess it's just cause a lot of them has already been out there to make music and are pretty far into their careers already, so they just seem so professional, while I'm just a beginner, who's already been deselected once...

But it ended really well, so now I'll just enjoy a nice meal with my members.

———————————————————————

A/N

Another chapter out. I was actually supposed to release this tomorrow, but since my teacher feels the need to drown us in assignments this week, I only had time to write it tonight, so here it is!

I hope you enjoyed, if you did please give it a vote🙏

And don't hesitate to write a comment. I'm really interested to know what you guys think about it❤️