11

Lia's POV

I'm a little embarrassed. I kinda thought that they would already know I'm a girl.

I look down at my shoes, anticipating their reaction.

"Oh that's cool!" A very handsome, dark haired boy with a big smile says.
Then he approaches me as the first one, reaching out his hand to greet me.

"Hi! I'm Hendery." He says in Chinese, probably knew from my accent that I'm chinese too.

"I'm Liang, but you can just call me Lia. Do you all speak Chinese?" I ask, for some reason thinking they would speak Korean, forgetting Ara just told me that this is a chinese subunit.

"Yes, but a couple of the members have a little harder time with it than others." He says looking back at one of the others with dark brown hair, he's a bit shorter, but has a little more intimidating vibe.

"Hey! I'm good at mandarin, you're just jealous that I know more languages than you." He says with a Thai accent, defending himself.

He also comes over and stretches out his hand to greet me too.

"Hi I'm Ten. Nice to meet you." He says confidently with a cute smile.

"Ten? Like the number?" I ask with a small grin.

"Yeah, I mean you can also call me by my real name Chittaphon, but it's a little long, and honestly doesn't sound the coolest." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Well I don't want to call you a number. What about I just call you Chitta?" I say, smiling at how cute it actually sounds.

Before he get to answer me, a loud laugh is heard from behind coming from one of the others.

A really tall boy starts laughing, pointing at Chitta.

"That's perfect! Chitta!" He says between laughs, pointing at Ten.
While the others giggles.

"Hmm, I guess it's okay, but you should be the only one to call me that then, cause they can't handle it apparently." He says pointing towards them, smiling at me.

I smile back, glad that he's okay with the name. For some reason it reminds me of a cat name, and honestly something about this boys look, reminds me of a cat too.

"But as you probably already know, we're a Chinese subunit in nct, therefor we all do speak Chinese, but a few of us just grew up in other countries." Hendery says.

"Yeah, I grew up in Germany, so I also speak German." A boy, looking a bit younger, says proudly.

I raise my eyebrows, kinda curious.

The rest introduces themselves and I'm very relieved that it goes this well, I feel like we'll all be great friends.

Winwin, who hasn't said too much, is a guy I think I'll get along with very well, considering we're apparently both trained in traditional Chinese dance. He also seem a bit more chill, which is nice to have a friend like that.

But I actually don't have a bad feeling about any of them, but I gotta admit that I was a tiny bit intimidated by Lucas, but quickly found out that he's just a big baby.

We decide to go out to get some late lunch, considering it's already 3:00 pm.

They apparently know a really great cafe, where there aren't many people and they almost never get recognized, so we decide to go there.

At the restaurant

We sit down at the big table, which the waiter had to create by setting three small table together.
I sit between Winwin and Kun, which I'm very comfortable with. Across from me Chitta sits and YangYang sits beside him, they seem like very good friends and a thing I have noticed is that they speak English to each other, which is a thing I've noticed here in general, that they sometimes speak different languages to each other, not just mandarin, which is cool, but also a bit confusing to be honest.

We order a lot of food and I'm really not complaining, cause I haven't eaten today and I've practiced the whole morning, so I need some more energy and protein.

I can't stop looking over at Chitta through the meal, he just has a very unique look to him, his facial features reminds me so much like a cats.
He doesn't notice me looking at him, cause he's busy arguing with YangYang about something stupid, but they both seem very stubborn.

I giggle at how silly they are, which causes them to look at me, and Chitta's gaze meets my eyes, overwhelming me a bit.

"So Lia, we saw you dancing a bit earlier, how long have you been dancing? You looked very experienced." He asks, holding my gaze.

"Uhm, pretty much my whole life." I answer, blushing a bit cause of his compliment.

"When I was little, my parents wanted me to dance traditional dance, cause they didn't wanted me to dance hip hop style, before I was at least twelve for some reason." I say.

"Just like Winwin then." Chitta says, looking at Winwin, sitting beside me.

I look to my side at a bit confused Winwin, who probably just heard his name being said.

"Yeah, we actually already talked about that." I answer him.

We keep talking like this, also with the others, getting to know each other better, which is very nice, and I have a really good feeling.

We finish our meal and head back to the building, saying goodnight in the hallway, cause my room is a bit longer down the hallway.

This day has been very successful in my opinion, I must admit I was a little nervous, but knowing that I've been accepted into this group, and now that I feel like we're gonna be great friends, I'm way more calm.

———————————————————————

A/N

Another chapter!

Thank you for reading, and please leave a vote and comment if you want to❤️