35

Lia's POV

"Aaahhahaha!"
I wake up to screeching laughter that I know all too well.

It comes from the kitchen, so I quickly get out of bed and walk out towards the sound of people.

"Chenle?"

"Hi sis! I decided to come visit you today since I have my day off today."

"Well how nice. What was so funny before?" I ask curiously.
I walk towards the coffee maker in a way better mood than expected because of the surprise visit.

"It was just Hendery being silly." He explains, referring to my company of the day.

"Ah, makes sense. Have you eaten yet?"

"No. But don't worry about it, I'll just grab something on my way back."

"Don't be silly, me and Hendery still needs breakfast, so just join us. I mean unless you are not satisfied with scraps from last night's dinner." I say, taking my newly brewed coffee, putting it in a cup with hot water.

"Well ok. I also needed to talk to you anyway."

We sit down at the table, while Hendery is finding the food and placing it on three plates.

"Well sis. I just need to know if you remember anything now after some days?"

I gaze down to my dark, hot drink in my hands. My mood dropping a bit.

"No. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I still do not remember anything. It's like all foggy when I try to concentrate on the memory."

My brother hesitantly puts a hand on my back.

"Don't worry at all about it. That was also what I had thought."
He rubs his fingers in comforting circles on my back.

"And just so you don't think you stand with this mystery all alone. I've personally tried to contact mnet about the possibility of getting access to the security cameras."

My head snaps up.

"And?"

Hendery comes over with our food, consisting of some plain noodles with some side veggies and a fried egg.

We thank him, before he sits down at the table himself.

Chenle continues.

"Well I couldn't get access for some reason. If it becomes a real case and we involve the police, we will very likely be able to get access to them tho. So I really think that's the way to go."

I think about it. I can see his point, but on the other hand I don't want to make a big fuss about it and honestly just move on from it all as fast as possible.

"And you're sure we can't do anything else?"

"I mean... I'm not gonna lie, I did try to bribe them a little bit, but money doesn't seem to interest them a whole lot for some reason." He explains while rolling his eyes in a sarcastic manner.

I just hit him slightly on the shoulder while smiling because of his silliness.

After a few seconds of silence, Hendery finally speaks up.

"Maybe Chenle is right though. It might be a clever choice to involve the police."

I look up at him. I've never heard him this serious before.

"I mean. It doesn't seem like you're gonna be able to remember it anytime soon, and this might be a serious crime." He says, looking down at his food.