37

(Ten's POV)

At breakfast me and Lia sit far away from each other on purpose.

With this experiment or whatever you call it, we have to be really careful. No one can know about us.

And Lia also takes it really seriously, not once does she glance over at me during breakfast. I don't know why, but it somehow annoys me that she won't look at me.

"Oh yeah I got a call this morning." Lia suddenly tells everybody after being quiet this whole time.

"From who?" Kun asks.

"Someone from mnet... She said that an anonymous source has contacted them with some information about you know... my incident." She says while looking down at her plate.

"Really?!" Kun and Hendery says in unison.

"Yeah. She mentioned something about a video, so I'm going over there today to see what it is."

"Well do you need a companion or anything?" Winwin asks.

"Yes me." I quickly says.

Everybody turns their heads at me because of my quick response.

Realizing my odd interruption I explain. "I mean. Me and Lia uhm just decided that before, so you don't have to worry about that." I scratch the back of my head, hopefully coming off as casual with my explanation.

"Ah ok, well great?" Winwin says confused.

As I look over at Lia I see a small smile playing on her lips, which makes my stomach turn in happiness.

—————————————————

On our way over to the mnet building I can feel Lia's nervousness.

We are sitting in a car with our chauffeur, so we don't have to worry about being recognized on the streets.

I grab her hand when I see it shaking.
I draw small circles on the back of it, hoping that it somehow calms her down at least a little bit.

"Lia you don't have to be nervous. You didn't do anything wrong, ok? This will just hopefully give us some answers."

"Yeah I know. Sorry." She says looking down.

"Hey. Why are you apologizing?" I ask a bit amused.

"Because you offered going with me in the first place, which I'm grateful for, and then I'm just being a nervous wreck and I couldn't imagine it being so fun to be with." She quietly explains.

"Lia. Look at me."

She turns her head up and looks me in my eyes.

"First of all, I didn't come with you to have fun, I came to give you support, as someone who cares about you."

A small smile creeps upon her face followed by a slight redness on her cheeks.

"Second of all. You should never feel sorry for feeling anxious or any other feeling at all. You aren't burdening anyone, and it's not just something you can control. And I completely understand that this situation is nerve wrecking." I explain to her.

"Thank you" she says, and I kiss her on her forehead.

———————————————————

When we enter the building a sweet lady welcomes us and leads us to an office on the second floor.

Inside sits another lady, who gives Lia a sympathetic smile when we enter through the door.

"Hi Liang, it was me you spoke with on the phone."

So that's the manager.

A quiet 'hi' is heard from Lia and she lets go of my hand to shake the manager's with Lia's hand being nowhere near steady.

"So as I told you on the phone. We got a message from an anonymous source who saw you enter the bathroom and someone following after."

"Yes."

The manager continues.
"So I suggest that you have a look on the video and then decide if you want to contact the police. I would highly suggest you do, and I'll be happy to help do it now." She says calmly.

Lia just nods, and it's clear to see that she is thinking with high speed.

While the manager finds the video on her computer, I think about who the anonymous person might be, so I decide to ask.

"Have you any clue of who the source might be?"

"No, not at all. It got send to me with a burner email, so we couldn't figure out who it was. But it seems like they don't want to be discovered." She answers, while she is almost ready with the video.

As she press play I can feel Lia tense up as we both are completely focused on the screen.

On the screen Lia has appeared. She walks down the hallway, clearly affected by nerves.
The person behind the phone follows her from a distance.

My stomach turns and a bitter feeling arrives as I'm watching this play out. Why would someone follow and record her like this?

On the screen Lia suddenly stops before the bathroom doors and the person with the phone quickly goes to the side into a corner.

"Aren't there any sound?" I ask, annoyed that we can't hear if the person might be breathing to maybe determine who it might be or if it's a female or male.

"No there isn't, sorry. I think this person took it off, since they apparently are nowhere near interested in being recognized."

Then suddenly on the screen a new person is seen, appearing after Lia has entered the bathroom.
It's a woman.

Then she looks around, and when her face becomes visible for the camera, Lia stiffens up completely beside me.

Then she also enters the bathroom.

The manager skips forward a couple of minutes and that's where the same woman exits the bathroom again.

And the video stops.

"So yeah..." The manager starts.

"I know who it is." Lia then says, while she stares at the black screen.

"Who?" I ask.

"Someone Uhm... someone I was trainee with at JYP." Her voice seems distance.

"Lia?"

She looks at me now.

"I really think we should involve the police." I say seriously.

"Yes I know."

"Listen Liang. I can see you're a bit in shock right now, and as I mentioned before, I would like to help you with this, so if you are okay with it, I think it's clever we contact them now."

Lia looks at her, and agrees.

———————————————————

A/N

Hi! So another update is up now💗
And I'm so happy y'all waited for me☺️
Thank you so much for reading. It means the world to me that you are enjoying it.
And pls leave a vote and comment if you'd like, I get so happy reading your comments❤️

I'll come back soon again with another update!