26

"No, I'm afraid I have to disappoint you. As I said before they are like brothers to me now, and that's all they'll ever be." I answer the interviewer coldly. I'm kind of pissed that just because I'm the only girl in this group, he automatically thinks I'm having a secret relationship with one of them.

I mean, yes I have kissed one of them a couple of times, but he doesn't need to know that...

Lucas have removed his arm around me. Probably because he doesn't want to make the situation worse.

"Okay, I see..." He says, not sounding like he's convinced.

He clears his throat before he continues.

"Well, a couple of you have already been in NCT for some time, right?"

Chitta, Lucas, Winwin and Kun all nod to his statement.

"Then you're very experienced in this world. How do you think your other members are gonna hold up?"

Chitta takes the mic.
We all direct our gaze towards him when he's answering.

"Honestly we could not have asked for a better team. They are all very talented and amazing performers." He looks at me for a second and smiles when he says the last.

The action makes me turn my eyes away from him. Not wanting to make just any small thing seem suspicious.

The interview continues for a few minutes. After that we had to answer some questions from our fans and do some silly, yet fun games.

Eventually it's all over, and it feels like I can breathe again. Not because I don't enjoyed it, but I just didn't like the interviewer and my anxiety were slowly about to creep up on me.

——— Later that day———

We have dinner together in our dorm. We had a lot of time left after the interview, which meant Kun had taken his time to make us a delicious dinner for everyone.

We all sit down at the kitchen table. The food were already served.

"It smells so good!" Hendery says with hungry eyes.

"I'm glad." Kun smiles.

"What was up with that interviewer today?" Yangyang suddenly asks.

We haven't really talked about it yet.

"Yeah he for some reason thought me and Lucas had some kind of relationship, just because I'm the only girl here and we sat really close in the couch." I roll my eyes, just thinking about the episode.

"It's so absurd to think me and you would ever have something like that." Lucas says, almost sounding disgusted.

"No offense Lia. It's just I see you so much like a sister." He hurries to say, realizing how the latter statement sounded.

I just giggle.

"It's okay Lucas, I understand. I also don't see you as anything other than a brother, which goes for everyone here actually." I say, continuing to eat.
But for some reason everyone quieted down.

I look up and see everyone's hesitating faces. Besides Chitta's who looks just as confused as me.

"What?"

"Isn't it just a little disgusting that you also see Ten as your brother?" Hendery asks with a smirk, looking at me then Chitta to see our reactions.

Small giggles are heard around the table.

My eyes go wide and my face is heated.

"Yah! What are you implying Hendery?!" I ask him.

"Come on, we all know that you and Ten's relationship isn't 100% platonic."

I look over at Chitta, who's in just as much shock as me.

"Wh-what do you mean? Who told yo-"
Just as I'm about to finish my sentence I look at Winwin, who just looks down, avoiding my gaze.

"Winwin!" Chitta then yells.

"Sorry sorry. I didn't mean to tell them, but do you actually expect me to keep it a secret?"

"Yes!" Me and Chitta says in unison.

"Okay, but now everyone knows." Winwin shrugs.

"Okay, listen guys. Nothing is going on between me and Chitta. It was just a couple of mistakes, nothi-" while I'm in mid sentence, Winwin cuts me off.

"A couple? I thought it was just that one time!" He smirks.

Now my face is too red. Why can't I stop fucking up!?

Chitta takes over.

"Okay, yeah we kissed twice! But it'll not happen again. And no one can know. We can't afford to have a scandal on that size, especially not as rookies.

I nod, and everyone agrees and we drop the subject.

After dinner, we decide to just go to bed, since we need to get up early to practice.

After me and Chitta have brushed teeth and changed clothes, we both just lay in the bed looking at the ceiling, thinking about the episode that just occurred.

"It was just mistakes right?" Chitta asks suddenly, breaking the silence, and I know what he's referring to.

"Of course! What else should it be?" I ask casually.

"I don't know."

A couple more minutes of silence.

"You know... that interviewer was really an idiot." He then says, which makes me smile for some reason.

"Yeah, he was."

"No, I mean... How could he, of all of us, think that you would have something with Lucas?"

I turn around on my side to face him.

"You sound like you have something against Lucas." I say, smiling at him.

"No I don't. I just don't like the thought of you and him together..." he says.

"Why?"

"I don't know."

Again, silence...

I decide to change the topic.

"Chitta?"

"Yeah?"

"You once said something about Lucas liking another NCT member."

He starts to smile.

"Yes, I believe I did say that."

"Why did you say that?"

"Because he does." He says straightforwardly.

Now I'm curious.

"Well who?" I ask.

"I don't believe that's my place to tell." He just answers.

He's probably right about that. But now I don't think I can sleep because of my curiosity.

"Well goodnight Lia."

"Goodnight..."

A couple minutes pass, but I still think about Lucas.

"Can't you just give me a hint?" I ask him suddenly.

He just laughs, but never gives me anything.

———————————————————

A/N

Okay another chapter out for you my loves!❤️
I originally wanted to have it out yesterday, but oh well...🤷🏼‍♀️

Hope you liked it, if you did pls give it a vote and leave me comment so I know what you think!

Thank you so much for supporting this book!💗