14

Not gonna lie, it's a bit awkward and quiet during dinner, or actually just in my end, the other end of the table seems a little chaotic actually. I think it's just because Winwin, who sits to my left is kind of an introvert and the same is Taeyong, who sits across from me.
Mark on the other hand isn't quiet, but he's just in the middle of getting flirted with by both Yuta and Jungwoo.

I keep glancing over at Taeyong, who seems very concentrated with his food, he actually seems a bit shy, and that realization makes me want to start the conversation, but I just don't know what to talk about.

After a couple more minutes of thinking of a good question, I just end up asking him a really basic one.

"So Uhm Taeyong. How is it being the leader of 21 members, now me and the other three new members included?" I ask, genuinely curious about how much work it is.

He looks up from his food, and looks me straight in the eyes, which is actually really intimidating.

"It's okay... I guess I feel a lot of responsibility, if we screw up somehow, it's gonna be my fault. But it's also an honor, I'm really proud of this group. You're lucky you got to join it." He says with a serious tone, while still looking me in the eyes.

I swallow my saliva, cause what he just said makes me really nervous... what if I screw up..? They'll all hate me, and Taeyong would be really disappointed.

I decide not to ask anything else, too intimidated by him.

Then Winwin decides to talk to me, which I'm very relieved about, not wanting to sit in awkward silence again.

We start to talk about traditional dance again, and how I haven't danced like that in almost three years, cause of the trainee program and I've been focusing more on modern style dance and hiphop lately.

Then Taeyong suddenly interrupts our conversation.

"You've been a trainee for almost three years?" He asks, looking confused.

I nod.

"Why haven't I seen you then?"

"Ah, cause I only arrived to SM entertainment last week. I've been a trainee for JYP, but I unfortunately didn't get to debut with them." I say, suddenly reminded by that horrible time just after I didn't make it with JYP.

"Then how did you end up here?" Taeyong asks, sounding genuinely interested to hear my answer.

"Well apparently SM saw some of my performance videos, and they were for some reason impressed, so they contacted me and then I came here and now I get to debut with your new unit." I say with a smile on my face.

Then Taeyong starts to smirk, looking like he has some kind of idea.

"Well you must be really good at dancing then, huh?" He asks, still smirking for some reason.

"I mean, I guess I'm okay yeah..." I answer confused.

"I got a great idea then." He says and stands up, getting everyone's attention.

"Guys! So I just got a fun idea, a little bonding activity." He says excited.

"Why don't we try to dance some freestyle, that way we can see each other's skills, but we'll also have fun and probably get a good laugh." He suggests.

The reaction is mixed, a lot of people seem excited, but some less.

When we're finished eating and cleaning up the table, we all line up.

The "game" is set up the way that we line up, then when it's a new person, the song will switch to a random song for a minute and you need to dance the choreography if there is one and if you know it, if there aren't one, or you don't know the choreography, you need to do freestyle on the spot.
It actually sounds fun, I used to do similar activities with my dance friends when I was younger.

The first one in line is my brother Chenle, he goes out on the floor and the music starts playing, the song is Twice's "let's dance the night away." He only knows the move from the hook, so he tries his best until the hook comes in, but it ends up a bit messy, which we all laugh of, including himself.

It keeps going like that, some really killing it, I can't help but being very captivated by Chitta when he freestyles to "Taki taki" by DJ snake (yes I gave him that one, cause I still can't stop watching that cover)
He's so beautiful while dancing, it's clear to see that this is his element. When he's done everyone claps, while I just stand there with my mouth agape, truly impressed that this was just a freestyle he did on the spot.

He walks over to me, stands before me, while I'm still in some kind of trance. He closes my mouth and smirks at me.

"Did I do ok?" He asks me, looking down at me.

"Mhm." I just say, and I feel my cheeks heating up, so I quickly look away from him and focus on the next in line.

A couple more go, and suddenly it's my turn, I'm nervous for some reason. What if I get a song that I'm not that familiar with?

The song starts and fortunately for me it's a song that I know very well.
"Move" by Taemin starts playing, and I smirk a bit for myself. I know this choreo very well, cause I'm extremely obsessed with Taemin, so I've learned basically all his choreographies, including this iconic one.

I start walking forward a bit, walking confidently, cause this dance shines with confidence and it's honestly a bit sexual. It's not a "powerful" choreo, but you need to have full control of every little muscle in your body, or else it can easily look sloppy and not right, but luckily for me, I've danced this so many times.

I move slowly to the beat, and when the hook comes in, I can hear wah's and ooh's coming from the others, which gives me even more confidence to finish it perfectly, and to really feel the dance.

Then the music stops and I hear the others clap, I thank them, suddenly a bit shy of the attention I got from them. I walk over to the line again, passing a very flustered Winwin with red ears, I giggle slightly at him.

I go over to Chitta who's also at the back of the line. He also praises me for my "performance." Which just makes me more shy. I'm not used to this much attention, so all this praise is new to me, even if it's just a little fun game like this one.

We continue until everyone has had their turn and it turns out being really fun, I feel like Taeyong was right, this really did bond us a bit more, which is nice.

It's getting late, but we have a really good time, so no one is thinking about going to bed. The rest of the time at this "get-together" I spend with Chitta, some of the other WayV members and a few dream members, including my brother.

We sit on a big couch, which is placed in one end of the common room. We all want to sit on the couch, so we're sitting really close, and I'm actually pressed up against Chitta, which honestly isn't uncomfortable.

We're all laughing and having a good time, but suddenly I feel Chitta laying an arm around my shoulders, my cheeks start to heat up again, and I curse at myself for always blushing, especially by Chitta for some reason. I don't know why I'm reacting this way, I have a lot of skinships with Jackson and a lot of my other guy friends, so why am I feeling this way?

I don't think about it more, and just enjoy the warm, comfortable feeling I get from his body.

Then I look at my brother, who looks at Chitta with a strange look on his face.

What's up with him?

——————————————————————

A/N

Another chapter out! This was a bit long, but I had a hard time figuring out how I should execute this chapter... so it is what it is❤️

I can't believe it's already chapter 14, I feel like I just wrote the sixth chapter😅

But I hope you enjoyed, if you did please leave a vote and a comment❤️