The Great Ping Pong Scam

Brittany's POV

I was in the hallway by the vending machines with Andre, Robbie, and Cat. We had Ping Pong practice today, and I was so excited for it. The only one whose not on the team is Tori.

"Oh, hey." Tori said, as she walked up to us. We did the same, and greeted her.

"Oh, hey, Tori."

"How's it going?"

"What's up, Tor?"

"What's up?"

"Well, after school I was thinking we should all go hang out at The Grove. You wanna wanna?" Tori asked.

We didn't answer, and winced. She was definitely gonna find out about the Ping Pong team sooner or later, but considering she hasn't gone through a tryout for the team yet, she can't know about it.

"We really can't." Cat said.

"Why?"

"Well, we  have ping pong practice." Robbie said. Me, Andre, and Cat nodded.

"Shut up." Tori joked, with a smile.

"It's true." Andre said.

"Yeah, we're all on the Ping Pong team." Robbie added.

"Me, Andre, Robbie, Brittany, Beck, and Jade." Cat listed.

"There's no Ping Pong team at Hollywood Arts." Tori pointed out.

We looked at each other and cringed.

"Listen, Tori, uh, you're still kinda new here, and there's some things that you just don't under-" Robbie stopped, and came closer to Tori, while sniffing her mouth. "What kind of gum are you chewing?" He asked.

"I don't know. Sinjin made it." Tori shrugged.

Tori took gum from a kid who chews other people's food they've spit out?

Robbie looked at Rex. "Smell her mouth." He said.

"Sure," Rex said, and he leaned in and smelled her mouth. Tori leaned back a bit in awkwardness. "Hmmm. Smells like... that trip we took to Acapulco last year." Rex said.

"Yes!" Robbie agreed with him.

"Ooh, you have Mexican flavored gum?" Cat asked.

"Mexican's not a flavor!"

Sinjin came up behind her. "Thank you." He said, and then walked away.

Weirdo.

"Look, if you guys don't want to hang out with me, then just say so," Tori said. "Why make up a lie you're all on a Ping Pong Team?" She questioned.

We all looked at each other then repeated our greetings to her.

"Hey, Tori."

"How's it going."

"What's up, T?"

"What's up?"

"Okay, so now you're going to pretend like we're not having the conversation we're having?" Tori asked.

"About what?" Cat questioned.

"The big Ping Pong team lie!" Tori said, as she walked over to her locker.

"Look, if you don't believe us, go to the rec room." Robbie said.

"You can see all the trophies we won." Cat added.

"First place." Andre said.

Tori looked in disbelief at us.

"Super shiny." I added.