Cat, Rain, And Fire

Brittany's POV

I was getting ready for school. I put on my Hollywood Arts hoodie, after I got done brushing my teeth. Beck had already left for school, and I woke up a little later then normal, so I was going to be fashionably late.

As I rode my stakeboard to school, my phone beeped. I thought it was Lucas, because he usually sent me a goodmorning text. I stopped and looked down but when I looked at the name, it was an unknown number.

Unknown: Stop acting like you're the perfect person on the earth. No one likes you. And by the way, STOP STARVING YOURSELF you human twing!

I felt tears in my eyes as the fell down my cheeks. Who would say something like that? I'm completely aware of my skinny, boney, body, and I've eaten so much until I'm sick, but it never helps me gain weight.

I texted Jenny.

Brittany: Jen, someone is sending me mean and offensive texts messages.

Jen: Who?

Brittany: I don't know.

Jen: Show me.

I sent her a screenshot of the text message.

Jen: You should tell Beck or Lane or someone about this.

Brittany: No. I don't want them to worry. This is my problem. I want to solve it myself.

Jen: Britt, you know it's the right thing to do.

Brittany: Jen, please.

Jen: All right. But if it gets any worse, we will tell someone.

Brittany: Okay.

I turned off my phone, and walked into the school with a fake smile. I couldn't let anyone know. I walked to my locker and saw Jade, Cat, and Tori.

"Hey, Britt. Me, Jade, and Cat are going to a dead celebrity's house, wanna come?" Tori asked.

I nodded. "Sure." I said.

They smiled at me but all I could think about is the text message. Who would say something like that? I'm not a bad person and I haven't done anything wrong. So why would someone want to hurt me like this?

I'm just hoping Beck or Lucas doesn't find out. This is my problem, and I want to solve it on my own.

I didn't want them to worry.
___

It was night out and I was in the backseat with Cat.

"So, Cat, is there some reason your brother replaced the the seatbelt with a rope?" Jade asked.

"No. He just loves rope." Cat replied.

Okay.....

"What is that thing anyway?" Jade asked gesturing to the hamster and robot.

"Oh, this is Cat's and my science project." Tori said.

"It's a robot that's hamster powered." Cat said.

"See, Mr. Hamster runs on this wheel..." I zoned Tori out as I got another text message.

Unknown: Hey! Are you ignoring me? I sent you a text, and you leave me on read?!

"Do you think our science project is cool, Brittany?" Cat asked.

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I wasn't listening, I was texting Lucas." I lied.

Jade and Tori both were staring to argue.

"You guys, me and Brittany are not gonna sit here, and listen to the 2 of argue for the next two hours." Cat said.