Tori And Jade's Playdate

Brittany's POV

We were in class waiting for Sikowitz. Cat had gone on vacation with her family to Mexico, and I have gotten another text from this unknown person this morning. The hateful words were echoing in my head.

Unknown: Have you ever heard of makeup? Or nice clothes? Oh wait, you're poor! That's why you live with your brother.

The bell rang and Sikowitz came in. "Good morning, little mutants," He said and then cackled. "All right, now it's time for... bad news." He said.

"The found out coconut juice makes your hair fall out?" Rex guessed.

Sikowitz laughed. "No. We're going to do an acting exercise about giving bad news." He said.

"Why?" Jade asked.

"Why?" Sikowitz mocked. "To teach you acting often involves making choices about how to say things. For example, how do you give bad news, and make it seem not so bad?" He asked.

"By telling them in a language they don't understand?" I guessed.

"No, Brittany!" Sikowitz said. "Just come up on stage here, Robbie you too. Up, up," He said. We walked onto the stage. "And now, your partner in this little acting exercise..." He opened the door to reveal a little boy. "Tanner, come in." He said.

"Everybody, this is Tanner, a young boy who lives next to me," Sikowitz explained. Everyone overlapped each other with their voices. "Have a seat. All right, Brittany and Robbie, here's a card with some random bad news for you to give to Tanner." He said.

"Got it."

"Okay."

"Good. Now, improvise a scene where you have to give Tanner that bad news, in a way that doesn't upset him." Sikowitz said. We were confused until I whispered something into Robbie's ear.

"Ooh, that's good. One sec." Robbie said and grabbed a guitar and started playing.

Robbie:
This kind of news is always hard to tell someone

Brittany:
We really hope it doesn't break your heart

Robbie:
But somebody ran

Brittany:
Yeah, somebody ran

Robbie:
A women or a man

Brittany:
Maybe in a van

Both:
Somebody ran over your go-kart

Robbie:
And it got crushed!

Brittany:
It's unfixable!

Robbie stopped playing and everyone was clapping.

"Yes! Now that's how you get bad news. See? The boy is smiling." Sikowitz said, as he left the classroom.

"Yeah, that was really cool. You guys just made that song up? Right now?" Tanner asked.

"Yeparoo."

"Uh-huh."

"And now, Tanner... this is for you." Sikowitz said. He rolled in a crate filled with the go-kart parts.

"My... my go kart." Tanner exclaimed. He sounded like he was going to cry. I felt so bad for him.

"Sorry. At night your parents driveway looks a lot like mine. Now, off you go. There you go. Scooch along. There's the door. Drive safely." Sikowitz said then shut the door in the poor boys face.

"You actually right over the kids go kart?" I asked

"Three times," Sikowitz replied. "I thought it was a raccoon," He added. "Take your seats," Sikowitz said, to me and Robbie. "All right, now, let's talk about the new play I'm directing." Sikowitz said.