Star-Spangled Tori

Brittany's POV

I stood in the kitchen at Tori's house, talking with my friends. We were here to watch Tori sing the national anthem.

She better not forget the words.

Jenny's cousin's next door neighbor's bestfriend mess it up one time, and she had to leave town.

"Hey, guys, they're about to introduce Tori." I said as I climbed over the back of the couch and sat down with my soda and popcorn in hand.

"Everybody pay attention to Tori. No more questions for Cat!" Cat yelled as Beck sat beside me.

"Welcome to Malkoff Area, Home of Northridge College Saint Bernards," The guy said as the crowd behind then cheered and clapped. "And now back from the veterinarian and fleshly neutered...let's welcome out beloved mascot, Buck The Saint Bernard!" He announced as the huge Saint Bernard came onto the screen and barked as he was led on a leash by one of the cheer leaders. "Now, please rise for the National Anthem, performed tonight by local high school student, Tori Vega!" He announced.

Everyone behind him rose from their seats and clapped for Tori as she made her was onto the floor.

We even cheered for her.

"This is gonna be amazing." Nick said.

"Yay, Tori!" Cat cheered.

"I don't know why they didn't ask me to sing the national anthem." Trina said as she flied her nails.

"I do."

"Me too."

"I get it."

"You sing like a banshee."

"You're a terrible singer."

"You have no talent."

"You're bad at it."

"Oh shut up!" Trina snapped as the musicstarted.

O say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight

"She's doing great." I said.

"She a'ight." Jade shrugged.

O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
O say does that star-spangled-

That's when things went wrong.

Buck ran towards Tori, and his leah got caught her ankle, sending her crashing to the ground. Tori continued to run while dragging her behind him as she continued to sing. I covered my mouth as I watched her being dragged all over the floor.

banner yet wave

"Oh my chiz."

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

A loud crash was herd off stage followed by Tori screaming.

"Well, she remembered all the words."
___

Tori came in through the door while we waited for her. We starting to talk at the same time, trying to make her feel better.

"Ha ha. You got dog-dragged." Rex laughed.

"Why are they all here?" Tori asked.

"Mom invited them." Trina said.

"I wanted your friends to be here to congratulate you and celebrate. I didn't know you were gonna mess up the song." Mrs. Vega said.