Beggin On Your Knees

Brittany's POV

I was in choir class, singing along with everyone else. The Full Moon Jam is coming up, and I was a nervous wreck to perform in front of people. As we got near the end, someone started to go off key.

"Hold up. Hold up. Someone was off key." The teacher said, stopping everyone from singing.

"Yeah. Who was it?" I questioned.

Of course I knew it was Robbie.

I've heard him sing before.

He's terrible.

But I never tell him that.

"Two hints: Robbie and Shapiro." Rex replied.

"My singing was not off." Robbie defended.

"Man, your whole life is off." Rex insulted.

"Well, I think maybe Brittany was off key." Robbie accused.

"Well." I scoffed.

"Brittany was not off key," Ryder spoke up. "You were perfect. Really nice tone." He commented.

"This guy thinks I was perfect." I smiled.

The bell rang, and everyone started to leave before our teacher stopped us. "Uh-uh! Not so fast. Let's talk about your homework assignment." He said.

"For the Full Moon Jam?" Rex questioned.

"Mm-hm. You all have to do a song, and your performance will count as 1/3 of your semester grade." The teacher explained.

"We have to sing a solo?" Ryder questioned.

"It can be a solo, or you can pair up with someone in this class, and sing a duet. But just solos and duets." The teacher explained.

Okay, I can do that.

"What about us?" 4 dudes asked through song.

"No! No quartets." Our teacher denied.

"Oh."

I started for the door, thinking of what song I should do. I wasn't planning on doing a solo, but I really didn't know what song to sing, and I cringe everytime I think of being on the stage by myself.

"So, Brittany, what should we sing together?" Robbie asked, as he approached me.

"I call Brittany!" Olivia spoke up

A/n: I don't know her name, so I'm calling her Olivia.

The two started to agure over me and I was in disbelief.

"Hey, hey, hey! You guys can't just call me. I'm not the front seat in your mother's minivan," I said before I grabbed my bag. "I am singing a solo. Sorry." I said before leaving.

Sometimes I wish I the only human on earth, so no one would do that.
___

I was at my locker, finishing up on a homework assignment that was due today.

"Hey, Brittany." Ryder greeted as he walked over to me.

"Oh, hi." I smiled.

"Ryder." Ryder introduced himself.

"I know your name." I joked.

"So, I was wondering if maybe you..." Ryder trailed off.

I already know what he wants.

"Look, I really can't sing a duet with you or anyone else." I said.

"No, that's not what I was going to ask you." He said.