Date - Mikitaka x Reader

Requested by @neatboiiiiilmao

Warnings: None

~~~~~~

"What's a... date?"

You internally face palmed. Great. Just great. You had worked up all of your courage to ask him out and yet, Mikitaka genuinely had no clue what a date was.

"Well, a date is when two people who like eachother spend time together. Without anyone else," you explained.

"So, Josuke and I have been on dates?" Mikitaka asked happily, a question that was meant to show off his understanding.

"No... that's different," you said awkwardly. "A date is when people have romantic feelings for each other."

You watched Mikitaka's face change as he thought. His eyes shifted around as he tried to understand what you had just said. Romantic feelings?

"I'm sorry, I don't really understand," Mikitaka admitted.

"That's okay. Maybe I can show you better than I can explain it. Will you still try to go on a date with me?" You fidgeted nervously as you spoke, terrified of rejection.

You had no need to be worried. Mikitaka had always planned to answer yes, even though he still had no clue what a date was.

You agreed to meet him in front of the train station tomorrow afternoon. After confirming the time and place, you said goodbye and went home to excessively prepare for the date.

Mikitaka opted to go find Josuke and get a bit more information about what a "date" was and how he was supposed to act on one.

"What?! First Koichi, and now you?! When will I get a girl?!" Okuyasu whined. He had been hanging out with Josuke when Mikitaka sought his help.

"That's great news," Josuke smiled at Mikitaka while patting Okuyasu on the back. "So, why are you here?"

"I don't know what a date is," Mikitaka explained awkwardly.

Josuke and Okuyasu responded to the statement with blank stares. They blinked twice, in synch, before turning their heads to each other and locking eyes.

Then, they started to laugh.

Mikitaka cocked his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. The quizzical look was comical in nature and only made the pair laugh harder. It was several minutes before they calmed down and regained their composure.

As they caught their breath, Okuyasu scanned Mikitaka's neutral face. He turned to Josuke and cupped his hands around his mouth.

"Oi Josuke," Oku whispered, "I think he's serious."

"He can't be serious," Josuke replied. He turned his head and looked at the blonde. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, I am," Mikitaka said. His voice was straight and even. It was clear that he was, indeed, serious.

"Aw jeez," Josuke said, nervously scratching the back of his neck, "how do I explain what a date is?"

"Oh, I've got this! A date is when..." Okuyasu began, though his voice trailed off as he let out a noise of apparent confusion. Josuke rolled his eyes.

"Don't mind him," Josuke said, jabbing his thumb towards Okuyasu who was still trying to decipher exactly what a date was.

"Explaining a date is a bit hard to do," Josuke continued, "but there are ways we could show you."

"So, you'll go on a date with me?" Mikitaka asked.

"No! No. That's... not what I meant," Josuke stammered.

The alien blushed bashfully, embarrassed he had misunderstood.

"There are plenty of movies and shows where people go on dates. Maybe if you watch those you'll understand what it is," Josuke suggested. Mikitaka nodded, thinking Josuke's plan was rather clever.

Josuke led Mikitaka to his house, Okuyasu tagging along simply because he had nothing better to do. The trio sat in front of the tv for the remainder of the afternoon, analyzing exactly what happened on a date.

The next day, you eagerly awaited Mikitaka's arrival at the train station. You had gotten yourself dressed up in your cutest outfit and done your hair in a different style than usual. You hoped he would like it, but it was always a bit difficult to tell what Mikitaka was thinking.

Though, today seemed to be an exception to that rule as you watched him stride towards you with a blush on his cheeks and flowers in his hands. When he stopped in front of you, you both smiled at one another.

"You look very beautiful," Mikitaka complimented, remembering that that was a common phrase said on dates.

"Thank you," you replied, accepting the flowers from him happily.

An awkward silence ensued for a moment before you remembered the plan you had made for your date. "Come with me," you said, grabbing Mikitaka by the hand and leading him through town.

While the two of you walked towards your mystery destination, Mikitaka looked at you. He liked the way you had done your hair today, and he liked the clothes you were wearing. He also really liked the way his hand felt holding yours. These were strangely pleasant feelings that he was experiencing. One thing was for sure, he didn't want those feelings to stop.

"We're here," you told him happily as you entered the aquarium. "I heard about this place from Josuke's nephew."

Mikitaka looked wondrously at the fish all around him. These were strange creatures, much different from you or him. They seemed to breathe water and glide through it with ease. They were amazing to look at so closely.

You chuckled at Mikitaka's wide eyes, full of joy as you wandered the aquarium. He insisted on visiting every exhibit, which you didn't mind one bit. You thought the fish were very beautiful to look at. Though, you had to admit you liked the view of Mikitaka just a bit more.

As you left the aquarium at the end of the day, Mikitaka realized that he had spent so much time fawning over the fish that he hadn't payed much attention to you. He felt incredibly bad that he had messed up the easiest date rule.

"I'm sorry," he apologized out of the blue.

"For what?" You asked.

"For not paying attention to you today," he explained.

You giggled softly. Mikitaka liked that sound.

"It's fine. It was actually very cute to see you enjoying the fish, so I don't mind," you promised.

You took a step closer to him and his breath caught in his throat. It was an unusual reaction for him to have. He anxiously awaited your next move, nervous but excited.

"Besides," you began, "you can make up for it by paying more attention to me next time."

You perched on your tip toes and planted a soft kiss on Mikitaka's cheek. He turned an adorable shade of red as you lowered yourself back down to your true height. After a quick goodbye, you walked off down the street towards your house.

"Next time," Mikitaka repeated softly.

He placed a hand on his cheek to touch the skin you had kissed. A smile spread itself across his lips.

"Yeah, I'll make up for it next time."

~~~~~~

Mikitaka is so cute! I always forget about him but I shouldn't because he's wonderful!

Also, a HUUUUUUGE thank you to all of you for 200k reads!! That's insane! You guys are the best! I love each and every single one of my readers with all of my heart!

Oh and I might start an AOT one shot book, too. I really like AOT and everyone in it so it only makes sense.

Lemme know what y'all think! Peace!