Table For Two - Tonio x Reader

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

You turned the key in the lock and opened your front door. You stepped into the front room and shut the door behind you, making sure to lock it.

"Tonio! I'm home," you called out as you removed your coat and hung it on the rack beside the door.

"Welcome home, darling," Tonio said, rounding the corner in a handsome suit.

"What's all this?" You asked as he handed you a bouquet of flowers.

"Happy anniversary," he said, planting a soft kiss on your cheek.

"Happy anniversary," you echoed.

Tonio grabbed your hand and led you into the dining room. The table was set with beautiful China and the entire room was illuminated in candlelight.

"Tonio," you said sweetly. He grabbed a vase that was already filled with water and extended it towards you. You placed the lovely bouquet he had given you earlier into the vase and he set the vase down on the table between the two place settings.

Tonio pulled out a chair and motioned for you to sit. You smiled at him as you sat down and giggled when he pushed in your chair.

"I've prepared a lovely meal for us, my love," he crooned, planting a loving kiss on top of your head. He then walked into the kitchen and returned with two plates. He set one down in front of you and then set the other down at his place across the table. He sat down and took your hand in his, rubbing his thumb across your hand.

"This is beautiful, Tonio," you told him, gazing lovingly into his eyes.

"I'm so glad you like it. I had to shut down the restaurant early to come home and prepare."

You blushed at his kindness, thanking him before picking up your fork and digging in. As always, Tonio's food was delicious and you let out a small "mmm" sound when the food touched your tongue. Tonio beamed with pride as he watched you enjoy his food. Unbeknownst to you, Pearl Jam took effect and the tension in your shoulders was instantly alleviated. You marveled at how Tonio's food always had the ability to make you feel better, though you never knew why.

"Wine, my dear?" Tonio offered, producing a bottle of wine from a wine rack beside the table.

"Yes, please," you agreed, holding out your wine glass towards him. Tonio opened the bottle and poured the wine into your glass before pouring some into his own.

The wine was bitter but pleasant as it passed through your lips. You set your glass back on the table and watched Tonio take a sip from his own glass. Somehow your boyfriend was able to make even the simplest of things, like drinking wine, look effortlessly sexy. Maybe it was the fact that he was wearing a suit for the occasion or the fact that he was a hot, blonde Italian, but in the end it hardly mattered.

Tonio noticed you staring and lowered his glass, smirking in your direction. You blushed, embarrassed that he had caught you.

The rest of the meal was delicious, and by the end of it you felt incredible!

"I swear, Tonio. Your food must be magical," you praised, "I feel so rejuvenated! Like I could take on a bear!"

Tonio laughed and shook his head. "You could never beat a bear," he told you.

"I could, too!" You insisted. He rolled his eyes playfully as he walked around to clear the empty plate in front of you.

"I'm sure you're right," Tonio sighed, placing a gentle kiss on the top of your head and picking up your plate. You blushed as he treated you like royalty, seemingly waiting on you hand and foot throughout the entire meal.