Tourist - Polnareff x Reader

Warnings: None

~~~~~~

You tilted your head backwards to take in the scenery. The Eiffel Tower was even bigger than you had imagined it would be! You lifted your camera and took several pictures of the magnificent landmark. After a moment, your neck began to sting from the subtle strain and you winced.

You lowered your head and began to scan the crowd of people at the base of the tower. Your eyes finally landed on a gentleman with an unusual hairdo that made him stand out. Nevertheless, you approached him from behind and tapped him on the shoulder.

The man turned around with a quizzical expression on his face. When his eyes landed on you, they softened, and he smiled happily.

"Excuse me," you began, "would you mind taking a picture of me in front of the tower?"

"But of course, mon cheri," the man agreed.

You thanked him before passing him your camera. You walked over to a perfect spot and turned towards the man with a smile on your face. He grinned at you before taking several pictures, repositioning himself and the camera to get multiple angles. After a minute or two, he took a few steps forward and handed you back your camera.

You pressed the buttons on the camera, scrolling through the various pictures he had taken. "Wow, these look fantastic," you remarked.

"It's nothing," the man replied.

"No, really. These are great. Thank you so much!"

The man smiled, a slight blush tinting his cheeks. "I told you, it's nothing. But you're very welcome."

You turned away from him to look up at the tower once more. It was almost impossible to see the top from where you stood, and you wondered just how tall it actually was.

"Are you going to go up?" The man asked, suddenly interrupting your thoughts. You jolted slightly when he spoke again, half expecting him to have left already.

"No way. I'm too afraid of heights," you said, answering his question.

"What? Really?" He asked, sounding surprised.

You nodded your head in reply, finding his reaction amusing.

"I'm assuming, since you had me take pictures of you, that you're a tourist. Am I correct?"

You turned to face him now, having previously kept your eyes trained on the tower. "Yes, I am."

"So, you came all this way to Paris, and you aren't even going to go up in the Eiffel Tower?"

You bit your bottom lip gently. You hadn't thought of it like that. It was true that this could be your one and only chance to visit Paris, your one and only chance to go up. Still, your fear of heights was holding you back.

"It's just... so tall," you said nervously, looking back at the tower.

"Would you like for me to go up with you?" He suggested.

You found it odd that this stranger was getting so chummy with you, already suggesting he help you overcome your fear of heights. Though you would have thought anyone else saying this was a creep, he seemed to be genuine and polite, honestly wanting to help you.