Soft Side - Jotaro x Reader

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

Jotaro Kujo. What a mystery of a man he was. He had a cold and indifferent exterior, but beneath that there was a kind and gentle soul.

How did you know that? Well, because he let you see it.

Once. And only once. Unbeknownst to you, though, Jotaro had cursed himself for ever letting that side of him slip out, and he vowed to never ever let you see it again.

It had happened rather suddenly. On your trip to Egypt with the rest of the Crusaders, hotels became your second home. Though, no matter how home-y they felt, they could never quite fulfill what the real thing could.

You stood up from your bed and stretched. Being the only girl on the trip, you were always given a single room to yourself. You didn't have to worry about waking anyone up as you opened the glass door and stepped out onto the balcony. You took in a deep breath of the fresh air before exhaling along with a sigh. You leaned on the railing and admired the city below you. There wasn't too much to look at in the dark of night, though, so you opted instead to look upwards at the stars.

"You couldn't sleep either, huh?" You heard a deep voice ask. You jumped slightly before you turned your head in the direction of the voice.

A floor up and one room over, Jotaro leaned over the railing of his own balcony, peering down at you.

"Oh, it's just you," you responded, "Uh, yeah. I can't seem to fall asleep."

"What?" Jotaro shouted back, cupping his hand around his ear to indicate that he hadn't heard you.

"I said I can't sleep!' You replied, cupping your own hands around your mouth.

You heard a glass door open and watched Jotaro disappear behind the railing for a moment. When he reappeared, he shouted down to ask you to meet him in the lobby. You nodded in agreement before heading back into your room.

Not caring much about what you were wearing, since it was night time and you figured nobody would be in the lobby, you simply slipped on your sandals before leaving the room still in your pajamas. You took the elevator down to the lobby and found Jotaro already waiting there.

He wasn't wearing his usual uniform. Or, well, he wasn't wearing his full uniform. He still had on the pants and the shoes, as well as his tank top. However, he was missing his usual hat and jacket. You couldn't help but notice the way his tank top showed off his muscular frame and you would be lying if you said you weren't a bit flustered.

This was the first moment of many that evening when Jotaro let his guard down. When he saw you in your pajamas, a loose fitting tank top and shorter than average shorts, he swallowed hard. He had always found you beautiful, though he wouldn't admit it, but seeing you like this nearly knocked him dead. He fought to keep his composure as you approached him.

He literally dwarfed you in size, both in height and bulk. You felt extremely intimidated when you finally stopped in front of him, tilting your head back to be able to look him in the eyes.

"Why did you wanna come down here?" You asked, breaking the silence of the impromptu meeting.

"Kakyoin got upset that I was being so loud," Jotaro said absentmindedly. This caused you to giggle at the thought of a sleepy Kakyoin waking up to scold Jotaro.

That was the second time Jotaro let his guard down; when he heard you laugh. The sound was delightfully pleasant and he was surprised to feel the corners of his mouth curving upwards into a smile in response to the noise.