Twin Cherries - Kakyoin x Reader

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

"Kakyoin," you called from the top of the stairs, "I need your help!"

Your loving husband immediately came running to assist you and you smiled as he climbed the stairs to meet you.

"Of course, my love. What do you need?" Kakyoin asked, stopping a few steps below you on the stairs.

"Can you carry down the laundry basket for me please?" You asked him lovingly.

Kakyoin rolled his eyes in response.

"Hey! I'm the one making not one, but two babies, right now," you told him, placing your hands over your large stomach.

"Yeah, I know," Kakyoin grumbled, climbing the rest of the stairs to retrieve the laundry basket and complete the chore you had assigned to him.

He bent over and picked the laundry basket up from the floor, straightening back up and looking down at you. You offered him an adorably innocent smile and he couldn't help but smile back. He placed a soft kiss on your forehead before he descended the stairs again.

"Thank you!" You called after him.

"It's only cuz you're carrying the twin cherries," Kakyoin teased in return, though he would have helped you any other day had you asked him to.

Kakyoin had lovingly dubbed the babies the twin cherries one afternoon and the name stuck. You smiled happily as you placed one hand on your stomach and used the other to clutch the handrail while you descended the stairs. Being pregnant with one child would have been hard enough, but being pregnant with two? It astounded even you that your body was capable of doing such a thing.

"What time are the guests getting here?" You asked Kakyoin as you met up with him downstairs in the laundry room.

"In about an hour," Kakyoin commented after checking his watch.

"And you said Jotaro was bringing the cakes?"

"Yup."

"And you're sure he can be trusted not to mess it up?"

"Honestly... no," Kakyoin replied, sending you both into a fit of laughter.

"If he ruins this for us, he can't be a godparent," you declare, beginning to move the clothes in the laundry basket into the washing machine.

"Hey, come on now. He's my best friend," Kakyoin defended. You rolled your eyes in response.

"I don't care if he's the Queen of England! If he messes up our gender reveal party, he's toast," you say menacingly. Or, about as menacingly as a five-month pregnant woman can be.

"Technically, wouldn't he be the King of England?" Kakyoin asks, tapping his chin lightly.

You pick up one of the shirts from the laundry basket and throw it at him. He chuckles in response, catching the shirt and giving it back to you so you can put it in the machine.

"Go get dressed," you tell Kakyoin, standing up on your tip toes to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"What? I can't stay in my pajamas?" Kakyoin teased, waving his hands over his torso to show off his purple striped pj's.

"Nope! Executive decision," you replied.

"Fine," Kakyoin complained. He walked out of the laundry room and a moment later you could hear his heavy footsteps as he walked up the stairs.

After you finished putting all of the laundry in the machine, you turned it on and left the room. You carried the now empty laundry basket up the stairs, which you were able to do since it hardly weighed anything anymore.