Opposites Attract - Risotto x Reader

This one shot is based off of a Hot Topic AU created by @/iceb0xed on insta. I just really loved the concept so I turned it into a one shot. Go follow them cuz they make fantastic art!

Warnings: mild cursing

~~~~~~

Risotto stood at his place behind the register. He had his elbow propped up on the counter and leaned his head into his hand while he idly flipped through the pages of some magazine. He wasn't exactly interested, but business was slow and he didn't have anything else to do.

He had already restocked the shelves, organized the shirts that had been misplaced when a couple teens came in and tried them on, and cleaned the glass of several display cases. He played with his newest piercing on his lower lip, still getting used to its unfamiliar feeling. Suddenly, his manager emerged from the back room.

"Risotto," Diavolo said, making his way to the register, "what are you doing?"

"Just reading," Risotto replied. He never took his eyes off the page.

"Why aren't you working?" Diavolo asked, crossing his arms.

"I've done pretty much everything," Risotto said with a shrug.

"Pretty much everything is not the same as actually doing everything," Diavolo replied harshly, closing the magazine that was sitting on the counter.

"There hasn't been a customer in 30 minutes," Risotto complained.

"Then go clean something."

"I've done that."

"Then reorganize."

"Done that, too."

Diavolo grumbled when he realized there wasn't much else he could force Risotto to do. Just as he was about to start his next sentence, his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of light footsteps entering the store.

"Help the customer," Diavolo said with a smirk, knowing he had finally caught him. Risotto rolled his eyes in response.

At the same time, both men turned their heads to look at you. A sharp contrast to the dark and dreary atmosphere you were in, you wore bright colors with a lot of fun accessories. Small ribbons tied your hair out of your face to display the delicate makeup you had put on today.

As if on cue, both men blushed. Diavolo instantly cursed himself for telling Risotto to help you without even considering that you could have been that adorable. He quickly turned back to Risotto and smiled.

"You know what, get back to reading. I'll take this one," Diavolo said, sliding the magazine from earlier towards Risotto.

"Nah, I think I can handle it," Risotto teased, stepping out from behind the counter and making his way towards you. He heard Diavolo grumble behind him and smirked in satisfaction.

Your eyes darted around the store as you walked slowly. You scanned the walls which were filled with shelves of band and tv show merchandise. You stopped in front of a small display case that contained several rings and scanned each one.

"Need any help?" A husky voice asked from behind you. You jumped and let out a small yelp in surprise, quickly turning around to face whoever had spoken to you. Your face was already dusted with a light coating of blush thanks to the unnecessary embarrassment, but you flushed even deeper when you looked at who had spoken to you.

A tall man with dark eyes was leaning on the shelf behind you. He had an unusual shade of blue hair, but it suited him well. His arms were crossed over his chest and you noticed that his black tee shirt was rather tight and showed off his muscular body. He had several tattoos visible on his arms and you noted several piercings on his ears, nose, and lip.