Mine Again - Bruno x Reader

Requested by @ZeppeliBoii

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

You. It was you.

Bruno stared in shock from across the restaurant, eyes locked on you and the man you were having dinner with. After all this time of wishing and praying that you would return, you were finally here again.

But you were with someone else.

He could tell the meal was more than platonic as the man reached across the table and took your hand in his. Bruno gritted his teeth as he watched your cheeks turn pink. Your delightful smile he had longed to see again was on full display, but it was for another man.

Against all better judgement, Bruno stood up from his table and walked across the restaurant. He stopped in front of your table and cleared his throat before saying your name to get your attention.

"Oh my gosh, Bruno?" You asked, startled and shocked to see him again.

"Hi, (Y/N)," he replied softly.

"It's been ages. How are you?" You asked him with a smile.

"I'm... I'm alright."

"Oh... well, Bruno, this is Risotto."

Bruno's eyes lazily flickered to your blue-haired date. Bruno was far more interested in you, not this taller-than-average emo boy.

"Nice to meet you," Risotto said politely, his voice monotone.

"Nice to meet you, too," Bruno replied, though he didn't mean it one bit.

"Would it be alright if I asked to see you again soon? Just to... catch up," Bruno asked, attention turning back to you.

"Yeah. I'd like that," you responded with a nod.

Risotto raised an eyebrow in confusion as he watched the two of you stare into each others eyes. He couldn't have possibly understood all of the emotions racing through both of your heads right now, but he could understand that you were looking for much longer than you should have.

Risotto squeezed your hand slightly and you were snapped out of your trance.

"Would you meet me at the restaurant tomorrow night at 8?" Bruno asked, sensing that he was no longer welcome there.

"Which..." you began, about to ask him which restaurant he meant. Your mind quickly connected the dots, though, knowing there was only one restaurant Bruno could be referring to. You simply nodded, and with that, Bruno left.

"What is he to you?" Risotto asked, slight concern in his voice.

"Just an old friend," you promised.

Bruno walked the streets of Venice alone that night, lost in thought. How had it happened? He had blocked the fight from his mind for so long that trying to remember it was torturous.

Ah, that was it. In your apartment, after dinner. He was slightly tipsy, and so were you. Perhaps that was why you had let it slip that you hated Bruno working for the mafia.

"It pays me well and I'm happy with what I do," he had responded.

"But you put your life at risk every single day! I hate having to worry whether or not you'll be home safe each night," you complained.

"I promise you, I'm always safe."

Since you weren't a stand user, Bruno couldn't figure out how to explain his unique abilities to you. And because you didn't know about his powers, you didn't know how powerful he truly was.