I Don't Deserve This - Fugo x Reader

Requested by @KillerQueenDuck

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

Ever since you started working for Passione, you had felt an extremely strong connection to your teammate Fugo. As time went on, the two of you grew to become incredibly close. After several months of friendship, he had finally worked up the courage to ask you on a date. Of course, you accepted happily.

And that was how you found yourself tonight, primping yourself in the mirror as you waited for Fugo to pick you up. You combed through your hair and readjusted your clothes, finally deciding you looked the best you could. Not a moment later, you heard a knock on your door.

You quickly ran to the front door. You placed your hand on the doorknob and took a deep breath, preparing yourself. You opened the door and smiled when you saw Fugo on the other side. He was dressed up nicely and you noticed that his suit didn't have any holes in it this time. You chuckled at the thought as he extended a bouquet of flowers to you. You took the flowers from his hands and took a deep breath, inhaling their fragrant smell.

"You look... breathtaking," Fugo told you quietly. You blushed at his sweet words, smiling at him from over the flowers.

"Thank you. You look very handsome," you responded. Now Fugo blushed, your delicate voice ringing in his ears.

You extended your hand to him and invited him inside. He took hold of your hand happily as you guided him into your front hallway, closing the door behind him.

"I'm going to put these in some water," you said in reference to the flowers. Fugo nodded and you walked into the kitchen. You placed the flowers on the counter top as Fugo entered the kitchen not far behind you.

"Give me a minute to grab a vase," you told him, leaving the room quickly so you could get on with your date as soon as possible. Fugo stood in your kitchen and looked around. He noticed a couple pictures on the walls and walked over to examine them closely.

The pictures were of you and the rest of Bucciarati's team. Fugo looked at them with a smile. In one picture you had your arms around Mista and Narancia, the three of you all making ridiculous faces. Fugo remembered taking that picture of the three of you and laughed as he recalled the day. In another picture, you and Abbacchio sat at a table eating gelato. In a different one, you posed with Bruno in front of a statue.

There was another picture on the wall of you as a child playing on the beach. 'What a coincidence,' Fugo thought to himself, thinking about the way he planned to end the date. A moment later, you returned to the kitchen with a glass vase in your hands.

"I'm back," you announced, heading over to the sink and filling the vase with water. You placed the vase on your counter and put the bouquet inside of it, smelling the flowers one last time before grabbing your purse. "Ready," you told Fugo. He instantly grabbed your hand and led you back out your front door. You stopped for a moment to lock the door behind you before linking your arm with his and beginning your walk down the street.

"Where are we going?" You asked eagerly.

"You'll see," Fugo teased. You jokingly pouted as he refused to reveal your secret date location. He only laughed in response, promising that it would be worth it.

The two of you continued your walk down the road, chatting about this and that. Finally, Fugo stopped in front of an incredibly fancy restaurant. You gasped in delight at the restaurant's beauty. Fugo smiled as he watched you take a deep breath in through your nose, taking in the delicious scents coming from the restaurant.

"This place is amazing," you exclaimed once you and Fugo were seated at a table. Fugo had made a reservation and the table was prepared beautifully for the two of you.