At Ease - Fugo x Reader

Requested by @JunnaKyushi147

Warnings: None

~~~~~~

"(Y/N)!" You heard Abbacchio shout.

You rolled your eyes almost immediately. You hated being interrupted, especially when you were in the middle of a good book. Leaving the fictional world of your story behind, you closed the book and left your room, heading towards the kitchen.

You entered to find Narancia cowering behind Mista in fear, Fugo on Mista's other side with a fork in his raised fist. Mista was holding Fugo back by his shoulders, arms extended to their full length to keep him at bay.

"Calm down," Mista pleaded.

Fugo's fit of rage caused him to go blind to the rest of the world, tuning out Mista's pleas and Narancia's fearful sobs.

You were used to this. Fugo's temper was something the entire gang was well aware of. Perhaps that was why you were recruited to join in the first place. Your stand, Peaceful Easy Feeling, had the power to calm people down and dull their senses. Your stand was good in battle, yes. Of course dulling other people's senses would be a helpful ability. However, you were hardly ever asked to fight, and usually you were simply tasked with calming Fugo down.

You were well aware of Fugo's past. You knew what had happened to make him this way, and you knew his short temper all too well. You never felt any pity for him, though. You knew he wouldn't have wanted it, anyway.

Without even being asked, you stepped forward and placed a hand on Fugo's shoulder. Your stand appeared beside you, placing a hand on his shoulder next to yours. It began to release a light pink smoke from its body and you watched as Mista and Narancia drew in sharp breaths and held them. Fugo wasn't so quick, however, especially considering his own proximity to the stand.

As the pink smoke filled his lungs, he slowly lowered his fist. The fork fell from his hand and dropped to the floor, the metal clattering against the tile. The expression on Fugo's face changed from anger to indifference. Simply numb.

"You know how much I hate doing this to him," you told the others, withdrawing your stand.

"He was going to kill me!" Narancia whined.

"It was a fork."

"A sharp fork!"

You gave him an incredulous look before Fugo let out a slight groan beside you that tore your attention away from Narancia.

"My head," Fugo whined, placing his palm on his forehead and swaying slightly to the side.

You caught him before he could lose his balance any further, wrapping your arms around his body. Fugo blushed slightly from the embrace, not quite sure why it felt so nice.

"With how often I do this, it's hardly good for him. Don't you see what this is doing to him?" You scolded.

Mista and Narancia gave apologetic looks while Abbacchio looked on from the corner of the kitchen. You turned your head towards him next.

"And don't think you're off the hook either, Abba. You're just as guilty by association," you added.

Abbacchio didn't respond, only stared back at you. You groaned loudly and rolled your eyes before slinging Fugo's arm around your shoulders to help support his weight.

"I'm taking him to his room. But next time, you deal with your own problems."

With that, you led a staggering Fugo down the hall and up the stairs to his bedroom. You opened the door and led him inside, helping him sit down on the bed. You sat beside him on the bed and observed. He stared off blankly at the wall, still in a trance from your stand's ability.