Welcome Home - DIO x Reader

Warnings: None

~~~~~~

The simple sound of rain drummed on the roof of your home, thunder every once in a while cutting in to startle you. You thumbed through the pages of your favorite novel, having read it many times before. You had read every book in this house a million times as you had waited... and waited... and waited...

You heard the front door slam. The sound echoed throughout the house, startling you out of reading. Though the sound was unusual, you knew what it meant.

You scowled, closing your book and placing it on the coffee table. You stood up and dusted yourself off, though you honestly didn't care how you looked. You were fuming as you made your way to the front hall.

Sure enough, there he was. As the tall man in your foyer shed his outer layer of soaked clothes, you marched over with determination.

His eyes fell upon you and he smiled, though it came across as more of a smirk. "Ah, (Y/N), my lovely-"

His words were cut off by a harsh slap across his face. You were positively fuming. His head turned with the force of your slap, but his smile was unwavering.

"Now now," he cooed, "is that really any way to greet your husband?"

"Some husband you are," you huffed, crossing your arms over your chest.

You and Dio had married back in 1883 when he first attained his vampiric powers. You were surprised when he asked you to join him in immortality, to stay by his side for all eternity, but you were also eager to accept.

You would have turned him down if you knew he'd disappear for 100 years.

"Don't be so callous," Dio purred, his finger tracing your jawline.

You swatted it away, brows furrowed in anger.

"What's your problem?" He finally snapped, his flirtatiousness giving way to clear irritation in his voice.

"My problem is that you disappeared off the face of the Earth for 100 years without even a warning!"

"I didn't do it on purpose," was his entire defense.

You rolled your eyes, clearly unimpressed. "Pretty lame excuse."

"Maybe if you gave me longer than a minute to explain..."

"Then start explaining."

Your stare was ice cold, boring into his soul. While few ever held the resolve to stand up to Dio himself, 100 years of rage finally had its outlet. To you, he wasn't intimidating, he wasn't scary, he was just your deadbeat husband that had been MIA for a century.

Dio did his best to hold his ground against you, his own glare matching yours. In the end, though, he realized you weren't going to back down any time soon.

With a sigh, Dio extended his hand to you. You narrowed your eyes in confusion, still keeping your distance.

"Can we talk somewhere more comfortable?" He asked.

Though you wanted to say no, you reasoned it was a fair request. You kept your arms folded across your chest as you nodded and turned around, already walking off. You heard Dio scoff behind you, no doubt angry that you had refused to take his hand. Nevertheless, you heard his heavy footsteps follow you into the drawing room.

You sat down in your chair again, Dio sitting across from you. You were lucky you didn't miss the subtle way he grit his teeth when he watched you sit in your chair: his chair. Once Dio had been gone long enough, you figured it was plenty fine for you to take his seat. Just because he was back now didn't mean he was getting his old chair back, too.

"So?" You prompted.

Dio sighed again. He sure knew how to pick 'em. You were so feisty, which is probably why he had asked you to be his wife all those years ago. He liked the pushback, your hesitancy to submit to him. There was a challenge there, getting you to be his, but he liked the chase. Any woman could submit to him, you were the only one that refused.

He gave you a once over with his eyes. You were still gorgeous, your immortality keeping you young. He had thought about you a lot while trapped underwater, though he would never admit it to you. How much he longed to see you, to touch you, to kiss you...

"Dio," you said, snapping him out of his trance.

"My apologies," he recovered. "So, where should I start?"

"The beginning," you replied. You weren't taking any nonsense from him; you never had and you never will.

"Alright. Well..."

So, he recounted the experience. How he had lost his head (which you already knew), how he had snuck onto the ship, how he had stolen his brothers lifeless body at the last second, and how he had been trapped in the ocean for 100 long years.

You let out a long, exasperated sigh as he finished. "That's quite a story," was all you said, still trying to process things.

"Indeed," Dio agreed with a hum.

"That explains the scar on your neck," you reasoned, eyes flickering there once more.

On instinct, Dio reached up and touched his neck. His hand slid along the scar, his mind flashing back to the events that had transpired between him and Jonathan. His hand, Jonathan's hand, gripped the seam where the skin tones differed ever so slightly.

"Are you alright?" You piped up.

Dio's eyes, that had fallen to the floor, now widened and locked with yours. He hadn't expected that, not from you. You were being so cold to him a moment ago, yet now your voice held nothing but warmth. He wasn't used to being vulnerable, and he didn't plan to be, but he hesitated in his response.

"I am."

That moment's hesitation was enough vulnerability for you to know he wasn't. You stood up and walked over to him, holding his face in your hands.

"You may have been gone for an absurd amount of time, but I'm still your wife. You can't fool me."

He sighed with closed eyes. When he opened them, a kind smile graced his lips.

"I've missed you, you know that?" He flirted. His words sounded sincere and brought a blush to your cheeks.

You kissed his forehead, lips remaining on his skin as you whispered, "I missed you, too."

He used his arms to pull you into his lap. Your arms wrapped around his neck, your face resting close to his.

His hand slid up your back to cup your head before he pulled you in for a kiss. His lips were just as tender as you remembered, his passion just as strong. His tongue entered your mouth with ease, pressing up against yours. The hand on your head gently gripped your hair, his other hand settling onto your waist.

You pulled back with heated cheeks, panting slightly. He smirked, of course he did, as his thumb stroked your side.

"I thought about those lips every day I was underwater," Dio teased. He brought his hand around to the front of your head to caress your lips.

"You liar," you protested with a playful voice.

"What else was there for me to miss?"

You didn't protest any further, simply leaned down to rest your head on his shoulder. Though it had been (quite literally) years since you had been with him, it still felt natural.

"Welcome home, Dio."

~~~~~~

Uwu Dio moment. I've had this idea in my head for a while and I finally wrote it. Not sure if it's good or not or if it worked out as well as I had hoped, butttttt I wrote it and now it's here. K? K.

Hopefully this will tide you all over while I work on a complicated and rather interesting smut chapter for you guys. The idea is quite....... yeah. It's quite. We'll see if I even publish it at all.

Also, shoutout to this being the 69th chapter in the book. Nice.

Lemme know what y'all think! Peace!