I Trusted You

"i'm not sure how much help I will be.. I don't know long I will be present if you know what I mean" Dr. Lee regrettably says, her eyes sad.

Yoongi goes to reply but notices the shift in her eyes as if on cue, her eyes filling with the same red mist that Ara's does.

Yoongi quickly scrambles away as she lunges forward, screaming incoherently. Yoongi sighs. He still needed more answers about this serum.

Ara twitches her ears and looks towards the stairs, alerting Yoongi that Jin and whomever he called has returned.

He hears footsteps coming down the stairs so turns to greet Jin.

"Yoon-ah! This is Dr. Cho and his assistant, Mr. Chung. He works at the hospital with me, he's a neurologist and his friend is a psychologist"

Yoongi bows to the guests while Jin fills them in on the situation.
After finally getting caught up Dr. Cho nods his head and walks closer to examine Dr. Lee.

As soon as Dr. Lee spots Dr. Cho, she becomes almost erratic. She pulls on the ropes they have her hound with, not caring that they rub her wrists raw.

"may I have a moment alone with Dr. Lee so I may examine her without interruption? More people may distract her or agitate her"

Jin nods and pulls on Yoongi's arm. Yoongi turns to call for Ara only she isn't there. It isn't until they start up the stairs that he spots her hiding in the shadows.

Figuring she isn't in danger, Yoongi lets her cower there in the corner. If anything happened they are just on the other side of the door.

-

"it's been 2 hours, hyung. What on earth are they doing that takes this long?" Yoongi paces the floor, more anxious about Ara being down there this long with strange men. "I knew I shouldn't have let-"

He is interrupted by the basement door opening and both men walk upstairs, looking rather exhausted.

"well? How is she?" Jin rises to his feet when he speaks.

"she seems as good as new" Dr. Cho says with a tired smile. This alerts Yoongi's instincts that tell him something does not seem right about these men.

"how? She was falling apart not 2 hours ago" Yoongi frowns, his gut twisting even more the more he looks at these men.

Yoongi survived his pack by instincts so he knows better than to go against it now.

"nothing a little medicine can't fix" Mr. Chung smiles, but the smile is anything but friendly.
Jin walks with the two men, showing them out as they catch up and as soon as they are out of eyesight, he bolts downstairs.

He creeps slower once near the bottom step, not wanting to startle Ara.

"Ara?" Yoongi whispers, looking in the dark. Finally he spots her staring at Dr. Lee.

Yoongi creeps closer, noting the Dr slumped over as if asleep.

"hey there sweet girl" Yoongi whispers to Ara softly as he creeps closer. She doesn't run so he takes that as a good sign and sits beside her.

"I wish you could understand me, Ara. I'd ask you what you thought of those men." Yoongi reaches out to scratch her ear but Ara lets out the strangest whine he has ever heard, backing away from his hand and taking off towards the dark corner she was hiding in when he left.

Yoongi sighs heavily, his breath blowing his bangs out of his face.

Maybe I moved too quickly. Maybe she isn't ready to me to touch her. He thinks to himself, looking over at the sleeping doctor.

"what on earth did they give you?" he whispers to the sleeping woman, not really expecting an answer.

After a few moments he feels Ara nuzzle against his arm so he lifts it to peer down at her. She appears to have something in her muzzle.

He slowly reaches out to grab it, waiting for her to release it before he looks down at what she brought him.

His heart sinks to his stomach.

He looks down at Ara who simply stares back at him, blinking as if she didn't just confirm his bad gut feeling.

"Ara.. you genius" he scratches behind her ear and stares down at the dart in his hands. The very dart they shot Ara with.

That was no doctor, that was Ara's father himself.

Yoongi shoots to his feet so fast he feels dizzy for a second but he doesn't stop. He can't.

He runs upstairs, his tail swinging the door open so he can run after Jin.

"hyung! Hyung! Don't.. don't let them.. leave" Yoongi huffs, out of breath.

Jin looks at him as he closes the door, raising an eyebrow.

"what is going on?" Jin questions, the frantic nature of his friend making him nervous.

Yoongi holds up the dart so Jin can see it.

"Ara showed me this. They.. they used it on Dr. Lee. This is identical to the dart that shot Ara"

Jin looks horrified but looks conflicted, having trusted his colleague.

"how can we know it's similar?"
As if on cue, Jimin tries to open the front door, hitting Jin in the back as they are still blocking the doorway.

"what the- hyung?" Jimin's head pokes in the door, staring at them questioningly.

He sees what Yoongi is holding up and screams bloody murder, his eyes growing wide in pure terror.

"WHERE DID YOU GET THAT THING?" he shrieks, pushing his way in the doorway and hiding in the corner of the walkway, his eyes never leaving the dart.

"believe me now that that place is involved?" Yoongi says matter of factly, looking at Jin, who is staring at a trembling Jimin.

"what do we do? I invited them here. Into our home" Jin whispers, horrified and even guiltier than before.

"we come up with a plan, hyung. Now that we have a lead, we follow it until we find that mother fucker"