Scared

"is he okay?" Yoongi asks her a few days later.

Jungkook has been quiet ever since they bonded and while Yoongi can feel emotion, it's somehow only clear how everyone feels to Ara.

Ara assumes it's because of the medicine, or maybe what Shin did, since everything is different from the first time they bonded.

"i'm not feeling anything negative from him. Maybe he's just overwhelmed with the sudden emotions."

Yoongi nods and looks over to where Jungkook is currently live streaming from his desk in his room.

"thank you everyone for joining me today, i'll be live again tomorrow around the same time!"

Jungkook shows his signature bunny grin before switching off his camera.

He slumps forward and runs his fingers through his really long hair.

"Kookie.. can I come in?" Ara says quietly, making him jump.

"y-yeah sure.." Jungkook jumps up and clears a spot for her on his bed since it's messy with clothes and she closes the door behind her before sitting on the spot he made for her.

"I wanted to talk to you.." she starts softly.

"is this about the other night?" when Ara nods he sighs. "can I just.. talk? And you'll listen?"

"of course, Kookie." Ara braces herself for whatever it is he needs to say.

"what happened the other night.. I meant what I said when I said it wouldn't weird me out. It doesn't. I've never bonded with anyone before meeting all of you. Finding out Jin hyung is my platonic soulmate was a lot to handle. In fact, I sort of ran on them when I saw my eye was a different color." He laughs, scratching the back of his neck.

Ara nods and lets him continue.

"It took awhile to get used to the idea that someone like me who was malnourished most of my life and abandoned, running in stray packs.. belonged somewhere. Now that I'm bonded with you, someone I.. someone I.."

Ara smiles and crawls closer to him on the bed, reaching her hand out and touching his softly.

"take your time, there is no rush.."

Jungkook takes a big deep breath, huffing it out in frustration.

"I love you. Like alot, Ara. Now that we are bonded I can feel that you love me too and it's all.. overwhelming in the best way possible."

Ara laughs and crawls over onto his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck so she can play with his long hair.

"so you just needed space to adjust to the new feelings?"
He nods, biting his lip.

"it isn't that I thought you were lying to me.. it's just now.. it's.. it's.."

Jungkook's lisp shows when he is flustered or emotional, like now.

"More real.." Ara finishes for him on a smile.

"yes! Exactly. It's all so real and a little hard to wrap my head around. Especially after we.. you know.." his cheeks turn this pretty shade of pink as he tries to hide his face.

This boy has her wrapped around his finger and he doesn't even know it.

"I love you, Jeon Jungkook. It will stay as true as the day I set my eyes on those big beautiful eyes."

Jungkook smiles, biting his bottom lip as if trying to hide it but it just makes him look that much more adorable.

Ara can't help it, she leans in and kisses him in a slow sweet kiss that only makes his blush grow.
When she pulls away, Jungkook looks a lot calmer.