Calm Before The Storm

The day has come, Ara can feel it in the air.

She’s tired of waiting for her appa to find her, she’s ready to end this. For good.

When she wakes up and glances at the calendar, she sees it has been a whole month and a half since she has been back.

Plenty of time to rest up, but plenty of time for her appa to get further away.

When Jin sleepily comes out to the kitchen to make coffee as he does every morning before everyone, he nearly screams when he sees Ara standing there staring at him quietly.

“We are getting each of you a bell and a collar.” Jin grumbles, making her giggle and hand him a cup of coffee. “why are you up before everyone anyways?”

“we have lots to do today, love. We are gonna make breakfast and have a relaxing morning before our guest gets here.”

Jin stops mid sip of his coffee and shouts when it burns his lip. He puts the mug down before fanning his tongue, staring at her.

“Guest? Who is coming?”

“you will see when they get here.” Ara skips to the fridge and pulls out the carton of eggs while Jin stares at her quizzically.

“Ara.. you are planning something, I can feel it.”

Ara just smiles and pecks his lips in a quick kiss before going back to making food.

Jin let's it go for now as they hear Yoongi shuffle out of his room quietly, his scent overpowering still so he isn’t past the rut.

“didn't you help him with it?” Jin whispers to her, hoping Yoongi doesn’t hear him.

“her heat literally lasted a whole week, I appreciate her offer to help but the one time was more than I expected. It's nearly over.”

Yoongi's sudden growl makes Jin jump before rolling his eyes.

“The bell thing.. It's gonna happen”

Yoongi ignores his comment and walks straight up to Ara, embracing her from behind.

“Hey, Yoon. Is it going any easier today?” Ara smiles when he pulls her hair away and kisses at her bite mark.

“a bit better. Can you be a dear and throw some extra meat with breakfast? I'm not sure me being near a vampire you're trying to work with is a good idea right now.”

Ara blinks at Yoongi when he pulls away and strolls back to his room as if he didn't just read her mind.

“Yoongi has a habit of knowing things.” Namjoon says from the doorway, looking incredibly soft and sleepy, his glasses hanging off his nose as if he just threw them on.

“hold on. Shin. The Shin, is coming here? This is your guest?” Jin looks at Ara with narrowed eyes but she just smiles sweetly and returns to making as many eggs as she can.

“yes and if you don't want a bunch of hybrids starting a war no one is ready for, I suggest you help with the meat.”

Jin grumbles but gets up and does as he's told.

Namjoon hugs Ara from behind and peeks over her shoulder.

“anything I can do?”

Jin freezes with the spatula on the frying pan and shouts so loud Ara jumps, splashing the egg oil on her arm.

“no!!!”

Ara turns to look at Jin.

“he cannot be that bad at cooking. I'll help him.”