Vampires Aren't All Bad

The group arrives at a rather fancy home, one of the nicest this side of Seoul.

"how do we do this?" Jungkook says, his body thrumming with the urge to hunt. To protect.

"Simple. This man is a human, none of us are entirely human. I can go retrieve him, you guys make sure there's no one else around to protect him" Sehyoon says, scenting the air to make sure no one unexpected is outside.

"Kook, you come with me, Hobi go with Yoongi" Namjoon says, making everyone nod. They split up in their teams, Yoongi and Hobi circle the outside perimeter, while Namjoon and Jungkook clear the inside.

Nobody seems to be home except for the man upstairs.
Namjoon nods at Sehyoon who smiles and runs upstairs with lightening speed.

"how did he-" Jungkook whispers softly.

"Yuchan got the fangs and extended life. Sehyoon got the speed and fangs. Not an entirely bad deal since neither need blood to survive"

Jungkook nods at his hyungs words, following at slower pace behind Sehyoon.

"Ah Chung, we meet again" Sehyoon says.

By the time Namjoon and Jungkook catch up to him, he has Mr. Chung tied up in a chair.

"go to hell" Chung spits at Sehyoon, who smiles and let's the spit drip down his face.

"well, that's not very nice" Sehyoon licks his fangs for effect, looming over the older man. "where is he? Hmm?"

Sehyoon traces his fingers up and down the mans throat who shivers in fear.

"where who is?" he whispers, his bottom lip trembling.

"don't play dumb. Where is the man in charge?" Sehyoon purrs in his ear, digging his fingernails into the man's chest.

"I don't know who you mean!" the man yells in pain.

Jungkook frowns and moves as if to help the man but Namjoon stops him.

In a move that surprises everyone, even Namjoon, Sehyoon jerks his hand forward and grips Chung's heart in his hand.

"now, one move, one tiny little movement and you will be dead." He whispers harshly in the man's ear. "tell me where I can find your partner"

The man opens his mouth but who speaks surprises them all.
"he's right here"

Namjoon's hair rises on his skin. The voice snuck up on him which should be impossible.

"Mr. Lee! Help me!" Chung gasps, and that's when Namjoon knows.

This was a setup.

-

"Appa! You came" Yuchan smiles, opening the door wide. "Seokjin, would you invite him in?"

Jin appraises the older man standing over the threshold with appraising eyes.

"do you swear not to harm anyone here?"

The older man laughs but the laugh is anything but friendly.

"nobody living will receive any harm from me or mine this night"

"you my come in" Jin says slowly, watching the old man walk across into the house.

"Channie" the old man says quietly.

"yes, appa?" Yuchan says softly, coming to his side.

"get ahold of Jun and Donghyun. Sehyoon may need their assistance"

"is everything okay?" Yuchan says quietly.

"it will be, they will help. Make sure they take Jisoo too"

Yuchan nods and pulls his phone out while Jin leads the older man back to Ara's room, filling him in on the problem the whole way.

"sir?" Jin says quietly as they enter. "what do I call you?"

"Sobong is fine" he smiles. Jin blinks. The Sobong family is rare and ancient. Anyone who isn't a hybrid or vampire knows of the family, all meant to be dead before the 19th century.
Jin bows, sensing now why Yuchan said he may be able to help.

"Sobong, sir, anything I can do to help?" Jin pulls Jimin and Tae to bow as well.

"no, thank you. I will wake her up now. Do not fear, I can control her"

Jimin goes to say something but Jin elbows him.

The Sobong family, most believed to be ancient legends of healers. Only, they were in fact Psi vampires. The first family of Psi vampires to live in South Korea. If he is who he says he is, then he is over 100 years old.

Sobong sits on the bed, placing his hands on either side of her head. He closes his eyes and goes still.

Jin rises but doesn't speak, shooting the other two a look,. They grip Jin's hand and stay silent.

Jin now knows what he needs as payment for helping.

"it's okay, sir. Go ahead"

Soobong nods but doesn't move and in the next instant, the three boys feel just slightly tired but otherwise unaffected.

Ara slowly opens her eyes and Jin notices her pupils are bright red.

"Ara, let me in" Sobong says gently. Ara blinks slowly but in the next instant her eyes slowly melt into her usual brown eyes.

"what is he doing?" Jimin can't resist asking.

"i'm feeding on your life energies so I have the power to access her thoughts" Sobong replies for Jin.

"Psi vampires don't kill their victims. Just make them tired depending how much they take. Appa is a healer, the last one left. He can access your head, your thoughts and heal what's broken" Yuchan says behind them, making them jump.

"vampires need to wear a bell" Tae grumbles, feeling irritatable.

"did you help Sehyoon?" Sobong says without moving.

"yes, appa"

"good boy" Sobong hums a little before using his fingernails to dig into his wrist, offering his blood to Ara who doesn't hesitate to drink from him.

Jimin shudders at how gross that is and turns away.

"is he your real appa?" Jin asks curiously.

"no. Everyone calls him appa, at his request. He loves it" Yuchan grins, assisting Sobong in cleaning his wounds when Ara is done.

"she will be asleep for awhile while the blood and power work on fixing her. She will need time as she readjusts to her humanity again"

Jimin sobs in relief, going to Tae who hugs him tightly.

"excuse me for asking.. but Yuchan said it wouldn't work.. how did you do that?"

Sobong laughs, ruffling Yuchan's hair.

"Channie loves to stir up trouble. Pay him no mind" Sobong stares at Jin, smiling. "ask away, son"

"I thought the Sobong family perished ages ago.. how?"

"the more advanced the humans got. I thought it was best to hide my gifts and let the family name dwindle to urban legends. Otherwise I would be prodded in some government facility by now. I am the last of my family"

Jin's eyes widen, realizing he knows exactly who this is.

"Shin Sobong" He whispers.