It Ends Tonight

"how long has it been?" Hoseok asks Jimin who is standing at the back door, watching Ara sit in the same position she has been in since she saw the coffin.

"4 hours." Jimin sighs, his eyes never leaving Ara. She has been sitting with her legs to her chest unmoving for so long everyone worries if she has somehow snapped.

"I'll talk to her." Hoseok slides open the glass door smiling reassuringly at Jimin before walking outside.

He doesn't say anything to her, just sits beside her and stares in the direction she is. It's quiet for awhile, almost too long, but she finally speaks.

"I was there, Hoba. I saw him die. I was there. We all were. They.. we buried him. How? Where is his body? How did anyone even get ahold of it? I don't understand."

"We don't know if he's dead, Ara.." Hoseok whispers.

"Yes we do! I felt it. I felt it the moment he died and the light left his eyes. I held his body before we buried it. You were there!" Ara looks sharply at Hoseok, not meaning to tell at him but the whole situation makes no sense to her at all.

"None of what's happening makes sense, Ara. You losing your humanity and coming back? Jimin having a whole other hybrid inside him that he can change into at will? What part of that makes sense?"

Ara bites her lip, sick of crying.

"The alternative is too awful to think about, Hoba. If he's alive.. if he's been alive.. that means we left him there in that place.. we mourned him.. we moved on when we could have saved him.."

Hoseok rushes to his knees, pulling Ara into his arms and letting her sob openly into his chest while he rubs her back.

"Stop that. Stop that train before it goes any further, Ara. We did not cause this, we did not abandon Beyongkwan. Remember who did this, I need you to remember who is the one responsible." Hoseok kisses her hair, letting her get all of her tears out.

"He's there.. scared and alone and god knows what is being done to him.. I did this.. I left.. I didn't make sure he was okay.. if it was him.. I didn't . It's my fault."

Ara sobs into Hoseok's shirt, leaving tear stains all over it. Once her words finally come out, her sobs break almost hysterically and she starts to hiccup.

Hoseok grips her neck harshly and crashes his lips to hers to stop her hysteria, pulling away from the kiss only when she seems more in control of her emotions. Hoseok looks down at her and smiles, his heart in his eyes as it always has been everytime he's looked at her.. she just never noticed.

"We will get him, I promise you that. We will find answers to what is going on and we will stop this. For now.. for now I need you to rest and build your strength. You need to be at your best, we all do."

Ara sobs into his shirt, the pain gripping her heart in ways she was hoping to never feel again. She isn't sure what hurts worse, Beyongkwan actually being dead or the thought that he is alive, but abandoned in his most vulnerable time and essentially left to be tortured and who knows what else.. and it's all her fault no matter how Hoseok sees it.

Hoseok refuses to let her take this guilt for herself when it is not hers to have. Only one man is responsible for everything in their lives and Hoseok plans on making him pay.

"ve.. chu.." Ara says between broken sobs, making Hoseok pull her back enough to hear her clearly. He wipes away her tears with the pads of her thumbs until she repeats herself.

"What was that, my beautiful girl?" Hoseok smiles at her, his heart on his sleeve as he sees how guilty she looks over this.

"I love you, Jung Hoseok. I don't know when I fell, I don't know if it was when you kissed me or when I first looked into those warm chocolate eyes. Maybe it was the first time you dimpled at me. You are more than a friend to me, and I'm so sorry it took me so long to realize this. You are more than sunshine, you are the actual sun and I just want to bask in your warmth, just for a little while."