Pack

"Should we call him?" Namjoon looks at the skittish husky.

"He will be home soon" the leopard looks at the husky as well. "Do you know of platonic soulmates?"

The husky shakes his head.

"I-is that some sort of sexual thing? I'm not.. i don't like men"  the husky frowns but the leopard laughs.

"No no no. Platonic. No romance or sexual tendencies. It's almost like finding your true best friend. You sense them, smell them. Not a mate, just.. like your one true pack.  Even if there are others. Does that make sense?"

The husky nods slowly.

"So it's essentially.. finding your soulmate of friendship?"

The leopard nods, digging into another slice while his tail swishes behind him happily.

"Exactly.  The coyote here is mine" the leopard points to a silvery grey stripe in his hair just above his eyes. The coyote follows, pointing at his own white and black spotted patch of hair.

"Platonic soulmates take on a random aspect of their platonic soulmate. We exchanged fur colors. Clearly, you and the panda exchanged eye colors" the coyote helps himself to another slice.

"A-am i gonna change more?" Jungkook whispers, his soft sweet voice scared yet curious.

"I don't have all the answers but we've been around each other for a month now and nothing else changed other than my patience for his mood swings" the coyote laughs and dodges a swipe from the leopard.

The husky watches the exchange with big bright eyes. He's never had a friend or a best friend before so he's excited yet nervous.

"What if i'm not a good enough friend? I don't know how to be one.." Jungkook whimpers, drawing the other two to look at him.

"You are absolutely the cutest dog hybrid i've ever seen. Look at that smile and those big eyes. You'll be fine. Jin hyung is rather sweet, you will find you'll fit better than you expected." The leopard pinches Jungkook's cheeks for emphasis, making the husky crack a smile.

The door opens then and the husky jumps nervously.

"I'm home! Did you guys finish moving in?" The other 3 can hear Jin kick off his shoes as he pads over to the living room. He stops when he sees the husky.

"You're.. here"  the panda takes the empty spot beside the coyote and reaches over to grab a slice. "I worried about you.."

The huskies ears flatten to his head in shame.

"I'm sorry.. i.. i didn't want to be a burden.. when you talked about me staying with you.. i felt bad"

"We all want you here. I can't explain it, hell i don't even know what it is but i feel a pull to you just like i do these two. As if.. as if we were meant to be a pack" the leopard lays back on the couch now that he is full and content.

"I.. i feel it too" the husky whispers softly. "But it scares me. I've always been on my own"

"So have i. It's.. alot to get used to but it's kind of rewarding having someone looking out for you and having to look out for them too. It feels.. like home" the coyote takes a big drink of his water before smiling at the husky.

"Is there enough room for me?" He whispers, playing with his hands. The panda thinks carefully before wiping his hands in a napkin.

"You can either sleep with me or on the couch until i can get another bed in my room." The panda takes a drink of his water before continuing. "If we get any more people in here we will need to move"

The leopard's ears twitch.

"Another?"

"Don't think i don't see you and the coyote fawning over the pizza boy. Come on, you order pizza every other day and ask for him specifically" the panda laughs when the leopard flushes visibly.

"I can't help it" he mumbles, not meeting the panda's eyes.

"Of course not. Your animal knows who it's pack is" the coyote says as he stands up to get rid of the garbage now that it's empty. The husky having finished the last few slices of pizza. "I'll take the garbage out"

"Thank you" the panda leans back on the couch, exhausted from his shift at work. He takes off his hat and wiggles his ears now that it's free. "Have you asked the lion if he feels the same?"

"Not yet.  How do i approach it? 'Hey i feel a pull to you, come live with a bunch of strangers?'"

"Well no, but for all we know he feels the same pull" the panda chides, making the leopard sigh.

"Maybe" the leopard leaves it at that, closing his eyes.

"Well, let's all go to bed. Jungkookie i may have clothes that will fit you, they'll be big but it's clean. You can even shower"

"Shower?" The huskies ears perk up at that. "I haven't had a legit bath in so long"

The panda gets up and shows the husky to the bathroom, disappearing into his room to grab some comfy pajamas for the husky, placing them on the counter before going back to his room.

After a good half hour, the husky comes into Jin's room. Jin puts the book he was reading aside on his bed when he sees the husky.

"Thank you, for allowing me to stay"

Jin smiles and marks his page before putting the book away on the shelf. He stands up and hugs the husky, which throws him off guard.

"This is new for me. After my ex, i was afraid of this happening but you seem like a nice kid. I.. i don't think you'll hurt me'

The husky whines then, checking Jin for any injuries which makes him laugh.

"The very fact you'd check for injuries means i can trust you" the panda yawns. "Let's get some sleep, shall we?"

"Goodnight, Jinnie" the husky whispers before hugging Jin back tightly.  "Someday.. will you tell me what happened?"

Jin thinks about it for a second before nodding.

"Goodnight Jungkook"

The husky closes the door behind him, leaving Jin to stare at the door a few more minutes before crawling back to bed.