What Is That Smell?

It's about a month later, maybe early March. Work was exactly what Ara needed to take her mind off of her grief, as it not only gives her something to do but she now earns her own money to contribute to the pack funds.

She finally feels like she belongs somewhere, and not just seen as a potential breeding mate.

Namjoon got a promotion at work due to his hard work and a new boss that doesn't hate hybrids certainly helped. Instead of just sorting papers and mail, he now has a legit office and a fancy title. Something called "Marketing Manager"

All Ara knows is it makes him happy and triples his pay so as long as he is happy that's all she cares about. He seems to enjoy using his brain and his creativity to not only work on commercials for people's companies but creating catchy tunes for them as well.

Yoongi decides to keep his cafe job even though he hates socializing, he finds cooking and baking for them really calms his nerves. Besides that, he started pursuing his career as a music producer, after much debate from the rest of the pack, so the extra funds makes him "feel more useful" since it hasn't taken off just yet.

Taehyung is a few months shy of graduating with his bachelors degree in Arts, so is looking around at what he wants to do for a career afterwards.

Jungkook found a passion in video games, not that it was a surprise since he seems to be good at everything. So he streams while playing and us surprisingly gaining alot of followers as it's rare for Hybrid's to be so.. open. There's alot of stigma that hybrids are dangerous, Kookie shows them that not all of them are.

Ara is currently home resting before work, she has the night shift with Jimin and Hobi tonight which is sometimes rare to get on the same schedule so she's excited.

Ara is currently sitting on the couch with one leg crossed over the other, waiting for Hobi and Jimin to get done with the dance class they recently started attending when Jungkook comes out of his room from his recent stream.

"Hey Kookie! Good stream?" Ara looks up from her phone and smiles at him as he sits on the floor by her left leg. He looks over at her right leg that's crossed over the left and absentmindedly starts to rub her calf.

"Yeah! It was rather good. Gained alot of new followers, earned a few hundred" he bunny smiles up at her and Ara puts her phone away.

"That's good! What are you gonna do now?" She watches Jungkook rub her calf, something in her stomach tingling as his fingers brush against her skin.

"Tae is gonna get changed from his Uni clothes and we're gonna play"

As if on cue, Tae comes out dressed alot more comfortable in some white sweatpants and a hoodie. He walks over and plops on the floor on the other side of Ara.

"Hey-" Tae stops and takes a not so subtle sniff towards Ara.

"Doesn't she smell really good today, hyung?" Jungkook's big eyes blink up at Tae, who nods and slowly leans in for another smell.

"Whatever you are wearing, keep it up you smell nice" Tae's voice drops a couple of octaves as he sets up the video game, handing Jungkook his controller.

Jungkook takes it reluctantly, as if not wanting to let her leg go. Ara doesn't know much about video games so she is content to just sit back and watch.

After a good 20 minutes, it looks like Tae us beating Jungkook.

"Only because you're cheating" Jungkook snorts, making Tae laugh.

"I am not! You dropped the item so i picked it up, that's fair!" Tae laughs.

Neither boy realize it, but they instinctively scoot closer to Ara every few minutes until some part of their arm or head is touching her legs. She doesn't mind the closeness so she lets it go.

Jin comes out of his room after a few more rounds, intending to head to the kitchen. As soon as he enters the living room, he has to put his shirt over his nose.

"What is that smell?" He says around his shirt. It isn't a bad smell, quite the opposite. The smell is almost.. sweet but heady, and very alluring. He looks at the two hybrids but doesn't smell the testosterone or see their eyes changing. "Ara are you wearing perfume?"

She looks at him with a strange expression.

"Tae asked me something similar. I'm not" she laughs, uncrossing her legs to switch legs. Jin notices it then, the sweet smell gets stronger and not only Tae but Jungkook are absentmindedly gravitating towards her so they are constantly touching her in some aspect.

Oh no.. Jin thinks to himself. He turns around and immediately goes to Namjoon's room for help as he's the only one home.

"Joonie.. i need your help.. i think Ara is.. well.." Jin stops abruptly, his own ears turning red.

"What? Is she okay?" Namjoon gets up from his desk and comes around to stand by Jin.

"Yeah.. just.. come with me" Jin leads Namjoon out to the hallway and it hits Namjoon then. The sweet, aromatic pungent smell he hasn't smelled in so long.

He peeks his head around the corner and stares at Ara, sure enough both Maknae's are touching whatever part of her that they can get their hands on.

"It's not hit yet but it will hyung" Namjoon whispers to Jin, who looks worried.

"Jungkookie and Jimin haven't hit theirs yet.. it won't.. urge theirs in sooner will it?" Jin worriedly looks over Namjoon at Jungkook who is currently rubbing her calf again.

"It shouldn't.." Namjoon sighs and pulls his phone out. "She starts work in an hour.. Hobi will have to watch her"

Jin nods but still looks worriedly at Ara.

Meanwhile, Ara notices them keep poking their heads around the corner and wonders what is going on.

"I'll be right back guys" Ara whispers and moves to stand up, her tail brushing against Jungkook in the process.

As if by instinct, Jungkook drops his controller and grips her legs, holding her still in his arms so she can't move, his nose buries in her legs behind her knees while he breathes in her scent.

"Kookie what-" Tae cuts off as he gets a whiff of her scent, much stronger ad her tail moves. Tae drops his controller as well and rises to his knees to look up at Ara, unable to stop himself from being drawn in and breathing in her scent, right at her hip.

What is going on? She wonders as she freezes in place.