It's Over

The bullet lodges into Ara's shoulder, making her fall forward with a scream of pain.

She clutches the wound and laughs almost maniacally.

"that all you got?" Ara is running on adrenaline and the alpha's need to protect their own.

She uses her non Injured arm to pull out the knife she stashed, amazed it is still there.

She comes up with it, slicing the hand holding the gun which makes him drop it.

Dr. Cho screams in pain and then he's shifting into his fox form and Ara is shifting herself, hot on his heels.

The pain takes a backseat to what matters now and Ara stalks closer to her appa, making him back up to the edge of the roof.

Neither of them can speak in this form but Ara hopes the anger in her orange and red eyes lets him know exactly how she feels. She starts to growl low in her throat as her coward of a father actually starts to belly up in front of her.

By now, Ara is looming over her appa, now fully on his back like a coward and Ara snorts a laugh which tickles her muzzle.

"Don't do it, Ara. This will live with you for the rest of your life.." she hears Jimin say behind her. Ara doesn't turn to look at him because that would mean trusting her appa to not attack her with her guard down.

Ara licks her teeth, stalking closer as her appa shifts back to human so he can talk to her.

"I saved your platonic soulmate! I fixed him.. my medicine fixed him.. you wouldn't kill your savior would you? I made you.."

Ara narrows her eyes.

Help her? Saved her?

Ara thinks to her eomma and how messed up her brain was according to the tales the guys told her. How he hurt Jimin for years and put him in this unstable predicament. How he caused Beyongkwan to even be like this to begin with.

Ara lurches forward and sinks her teeth into his windpipe, feeling bile rise in her throat as she tastes blood but doesn't let go until her appa reaches up and digs his fingers into the bullet wound, making her yip in the pain.

Her body has started to heal around the bullet wound and she knows later she will regret it but for now she shifts, kneeling in her naked form and letting out a string of curses as her appa scramble up and starts to run.

Ara clutches her shoulder and darts after him. She spots the roof ledge and makes a split decision that may end badly for her if Jimin isn't fast enough.
She speeds up and instead of tackling her appa to the ground she uses momentum to grip him and tumble over the edge of the roof with him wrapped tightly in her arms.

As her feet trip over the edge, she let's go of him. Dr. Cho stares at her in horror as time moves in slow motion as he falls, scrambling to grab something, anything but there is nothing.

It's then she realizes she isn't falling herself. She looks up to see Jimin leaning dangerously over the edge, holding onto the hurt arm with all of his strength, his muscles rippling under his shirt.

"you think I'd let you fall?" Jimin breathlessly gasps out, making her laugh.

Jimin uses his strength to pull her up, making her cry out in pain. Jimin scans over her body and that's when he notices the healing bullet wound in her shoulder.

"Aish.. this is gonna hurt but I have to Ara.." Jimin looks as sorry as he feels as he forces her arm to shift to a more comfortable position so he can pull her up the side of the building.