Make It Right

Ara sleeps for a good while, finally wearing herself out enough to sleep.

When she does wake everyone is already awake as she can hear them chattering over breakfast.

"Kookie-ah! Save some for Ara" Jin scolds, making the younger hybrid flush.

"he's a growing boy, let him eat" Yoongi replies. "I can make more when she wakes"

"should we be letting her sleep so long?" Tae asks quietly.

"let her sleep" Jimin says quickly before clearing his throat and trying a softer tone. "she was up late, she may be tired"

Ara smiles to herself while she watches them fret over getting her chair ready for a bit longer before she slips into the bathroom to brush her teeth, a task she has to get used to again.

She splashes some water on her face and stares at her reflection in the mirror.

She wiggles her furry fox ears, having to get readjusted to being human again.

She doesn't remember any of these supposed six months, for her it felt like just the other day when she was with Jin, then bonding with Yoongi and Hobi.

She brushes her fingers over where the bite mark once was but has faded by now.

She hasn't said anything because she knows they probably feel it too, but she feels empty without the bond, as if she's only half of a person.

Plus with Jimin not in my thoughts.. I feel.. broken. She thinks to herself.

She takes one final deep breath before walking back out to the hallway, where everyone has by now quieted down.

She slowly makes her way to the dining room table, noticing everyone shifting awkwardly in their chairs as soon as she walks by.

"i'm sorry" Ara says quietly, curling her tail around herself, trying not to stir up her scent any further.

"it isn't your fault, Ara. It's been so long since i.. we.. since we've smelled it.. it's an adjustment for everyone" Tae says beside her, smiling his usual boxy grin at her.

"nobody is mad, Noona.." Jungkook says from across her. "it's.. you smell really good"
Ara blushes, as does Jungkook.

"eat up before it gets cold, you ought to be starving" Jin waves his fork at her.

Ara eats in silence, noticing but not saying anything, the way Tae steals subtle glances at her.

Once she's finished, she can't help but smile at how everyone jumps up at the same time to get her plate for her.

"Guys." she gets their attention. When all 7 eyes look her way she smiles wider. "I missed you all too"

Everyone does various tasks... except for Jimin.

Jimin stays in his seat, not looking at her but not moving too far from her.

"Jiminie.." Ara says softly, waiting until he looks up and meets her eyes.

"if there is something on your mind.. i'll listen with an open mind."

Jimin nods, taking a deep breath and fidgeting with his hands before he finally speaks up.

"I know the chances of you choosing me is low, to help you, but I want you to know i'm not out of control. I have good control of my hybrids now and i'm not sure why.. why it feels so painful yet good to hear you.. to smell you.. but if you need help.. i'm only a knock away.."

Jimin doesn't let her reply, just stands up and walks to his room, his tail falling between his legs.

"you need to tell him."

The voice makes her jump out of her seat and whirl around to face the source.

"Yoongi, we are going to get you a collar with a bell if you keep that up." Ara laughs, but Yoongi's eyes flash with something darker at her words before he grins.

"instincts, sorry. I am a cat" he laughs before placing a hand on her shoulder. "I think you should reconsider who helps you with this. We all want you, that's true but I think Jimin-ah needs this. You need to tell him so he can have some sort of understanding why he cannot control his hybrids. Let him heal."

Ara sighs and nods, knowing Yoongi is right.

"he's right. I was just coming to talk to you." Namjoon says, sitting beside her. "I very much would like to take that step with you someday in the future but I don't want to rush this. I want our first time to be a more.. Romantic moment. Where you are present. I don't know what is going on, but whatever you need to tell Jimin, needs to be soon. He feels like he's failing as a hybrid and I have a feeling you know the answer."

"i'll break it to hyung but he agrees with us." Yoongi says, smiling at her.

"Thank you guys. I... i'm really glad to be home." She smiles, rising from her chair and hugging both of them.

"i'm taking Jungkookie and Hobi with me to my studio. Namjoon is taking Tae on an art tour and dinner, Jin works today now that he didn't have to call in. Use this time to heal our Jimin-ah."

Ara nods and walks back to her room, needing to get her thoughts together and how she is going to tell Jimin.

-

Ara knocks on Jimin's door around an hour later, hoping he answers. She took her time to compile her thoughts and work up the courage to do this.

This conversation is going to hurt.
Jimin opens after a few moments, his eyes sad as he stares at her.

"what can I help with?" Jimin says quietly.

Ara thinks back to before Yoongi left.

"here."

Ara looks up at Yoongi and takes the bag.

"Whats-"

"look inside." Yoongi interrupts her.

Inside the bag are things that make Ara blush.

Condoms, contraceptives, lube, even tissues and water bottles.

"Jimin is inexperienced and you haven't been human long so you might not have prepared."

Yoongi turns and walks away without another word.

Ara clutches the bag in one hand and smiles.

"can I come in so we can talk? I missed you Jiminie.."

Jimin breaks out into a smile that doesn't reach his eyes and moves aside so she can slip inside.

By the end of this conversation, she is hoping she brings the light back to Jimin's sad eyes.