What's Wrong With Tae?

Ara wakes up one night, a few weeks after the funeral from a nightmare. The nightmares are nothing new, but this one has her sitting up in bed full of sweat.

As usual, the nightmares are about her platonic soulmate and their final moments.

Ara climbs out of bed and takes off her clothes, shifting to her fox form before slipping out of her open door.

Usually she wants to be alone but tonight.. tonight she just wants comfort even if it's someone's scent. She recalls the first night and how comfortable Taehyung's bed was so she sits outside his door which conveniently next to hers.

She forgets she can't open his door now so she gently scratches at his door until she slowly hears noise in his room.

The door slowly opens and Tae pokes his head out before looking down.

"Ara?"

Ara wags her tail, brushing against him to slip into his room while he closes the door and looks at her confused.

"Do you need something?" He asks sleepily, watching her jump on the bed. "Ah~ you want to sleep with me? Sure i don't mind"

Tae crawls in bed and giggles when Ara walls in a circle until she finds a comfy spot then curls in a ball at the foot of the bed, wrapping her tail around herself and staring at Tae.

"Comfy?" He smiles at her and she raises her ears as if to agree. Tae lays back in bed, hugging his pillow before whispering a soft. "Goodnight, Ara"

--

"Has anyone seen Ara?" Tae hears as soon as he wakes up. The door opens and Tae puts a finger to his lip then points to Ara curled on the foot of the bed.

"She slept with you?" Hobi smiles, gazing down at a still sleeping Ara. "I'm so happy she's opening up slightly"

"We'll be out when she wakes up"

Hobi nods and closes the door behind him. Tae lays back in bed and watches Ara sleep, noting how peaceful she looks which is new because she always looks sad.

It isn't long after until Ara slowly opens her eyes, standing up so she can stretch each of her paws out.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" Tae smiles when she turns her head to look at him. Ara raises her tail before jumping down and waiting by his door.

"Alright, alright i'm coming" Tae gets up and opens the door for her before slipping on some clothes and walks out to the living room.

Everyone's there but Jungkook and Ara.

"So she really slept with you?" Jin raises an eyebrow.

"In fox form hyung, nothing sexual" Tae blushes as his hyungs tease him.

"Guys~ it's not like that" Tae hides his face.

"What are you guys talking about?" A soft voice calls out from the doorway. Everyone turns and Ara is standing there, dressed in a pair of jeans and a fitted t shirt. It's unusual because she rarely leaves her room.

"Uh.. hyung was asking me about what we're doing today" Tae lies, hoping she can't tell because he isn't sure she wants anyone to know she slept in his room last night. Why does he feel so nervous to say she slept in his room?

"Oh.. what are we doing today?" Ara looks a little hopeful, as if she wants to do something.

"I have to work tonight, otherwise nothing really" Hobi speaks up.

"Can i.. can i come? I'd love to have a job..take my mind off of things"

"Yeah sure, Jimin is coming too" Hobi looks a little hopeful, knowing they would love the night club he works at. It pays good money and the music is fun.

The rest of the day is spent talking and Hobi telling Ara all about the nightclub.

--

"How was your first day?" Tae asks that night, since Ara came back to his room to sleep as she did the night before, this time in human form.

"It was.. really fun. Watching Hobi and Jimin socialize and really work the crowd while behind the bar."

"That's good, i'm glad you had fun" Tae smiles while she sits on the edge of the bed. Tae looks at Ara then, really looks at her.

Her fitted shirt really hugging her curves in a way that makes Tae have to swallow thickly.

What is wrong with me? Tae wonders to himself. He knows he shouldn't check her out, but he feels.. strange. She smells really good.

"Tae? You okay?" Her big beautiful eyes turn to look at him and he really sees how beautiful her eyes are. Her eyes take on a slight orange hue around the irises when she is about to shift.

She pauses when he doesn't answer.

"Are you sure it's okay to sleep in here tonight?" She whispers, pulling Tae out of his daze.

"Yeah! Sorry. I must be tired" Tae turns his head so she can strip and shift, the whole time he has to focus his mind to not picture the fact she is naked right now.

Taehyung.. stop it. He scolds himself.

He feels her weight on the bed so he finally turns his head and sees she's ready curled in a ball.

Tae turns away from her and faces the wall, wondering what is going on with him.

Why does he suddenly have a string urge to look at Ara more than a pack mate? Why does he see her as a woman?

Tae sighs and throws the covers over his head and tries to fall asleep.