We Are One

“perhaps, this was a good thing.” Shin starts as Jin and Yoongi work on waking the other ones up.

“How so?” Jimin looks at him quizzically, raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

“whatever he intended to happen to them didn’t. This is good, we now know he isn’t aware Ara is immune to his little herbs.”

“Medicine.” Jin corrects him, helping Ara back into her clothes as she starts to blink her eyes open.

“Assuming you are correct, how does this help u? Won’t he just kill her now that she isn’t of use to him?” Tae asks quietly.

“He will more than likely be over confident, feeling indestructible. We can use this sloppiness to our advantage.” Shin grins, bowing to Ara as she climbs to her feet.

She looks down at Hoseok sleeping and bends down to shake him.

“you heal faster than he does, Ara-ah” Shin pats her shoulder gently and waits for her to rise to her feet.

“as soon as he is awake, we move.” Ara grits her teeth, assisting Yoongi with carrying Hoseok back to the house.

Ara is tired of waiting to be victimized. She is going to end this or die trying.

-

While Hoseok is slowly coming to about an hour later, Ara takes a shower and heads to the backyard to go over moves. She’s no black belt like Jimin or Jungkook, but she grew up on the streets, she’s perfectly capable of defending herself.

“you’re putting too much weight on your back leg, it’ll become your weakness.” Jungkook says from the doorway, having followed her when he smelled her scent souring.

Ara doesn’t say anything, except shifts her weight and boxes the air in frustration.

“You know you can talk to me, Noona.. I’m not as naïve as everyone assumes.”

The sad tone of his voice makes Ara sigh and face the husky.

“I know that, Kookie. I’m just frustrated.”

“At the unknown?” he guesses, walking over and holding his hands out for her to practice punches.

“I grieved him, Kookie. I was moving past the pain in my soul. Now? Now I might have to grieve all over again or.. or..”

“Drown in the guilt at feeling like you left him there to die..” Jungkook whispers, making Ara stop mid punch, freezing in spot. “You aren’t responsible for someone else’s actions you know.”

“Why does someone I don’t even know get to run my life like this? I hate it. I hate him.”

“So let’s end this.” Ara hears from the doorway, smiling at her sunshine boy. She glimpses the bite mark on his neck, only one sided and touches her neck. “come on in. We have a lot to discuss.”

Jungkook and Ara follow Hoseok back into the house, where everyone minus Shin gathers in the living room.

“so..” Ara starts, looking around.

“can i?” Namjoon looks at Ara who nods and gives him the floor.

“me and Tae have been discussing our next move.. as a pack.” Tae nods, his face twisted into a serious expression. “we want to bond with you before going into this.”

Ara blinks in surprise and looks mostly at Tae for confirmation. He doesn’t quite meet her eyes.

“i.. of course.. what changed your minds?”