Chapter 79 "Bruises"

~~~~~~

Water was hitting down Peter's skin; it made him flinch from the inching coming from his back. He turned the water off and slide the curtains to the end of the pole and stepped out. Peter dried his body with the towel; he watches the fog on the mirror drip down forming water drops. He wiped the mirror with his hand and turned his body to see the huge purple bruises on his back. A shaky breath escaped his mouth when he remembered the force of the metal bar against his skin; almost like he can still feel the coldness from the bar. The faint red in his knuckles was fading away when he tried to punch the leg off his chest.

Peter noticed the horrible marks around his neck and tilted his head for a clearer look. His throat felt dry when he rubs the bruises that marks a hand. He also looked down to his stomach to see the scar from Harry impaling him.

The only things he remembered was the terrible hot pain from his stomach and the blood that was spilling out on every step he made. He nearly died that day, and he nearly died again today.

Peter could only feel his legs trembling before he crouched down to the floor. Hugging himself as cold sweat ran down his face with his breathing trembling. He's so fed up...he wants to stop.

Peter was finally out of the bathroom feeling shivers when he steps inside his room. He doesn't see Danny around when he sat on the bed, the blanket he was wrapped around here wasn't on the bed either so he just assumed that Danny is downstairs with Ward. Peter rubs his neck again that he tried to keep hidden with his sweater while remembering the events with Tombstone.

Peter:...Tombstone...

He mumbled out but only trembled when he felt the same cold metal bar hitting his back and the hand holding his beck. He could have easily cracked his neck if he didn't shot web towards him. He could kill him. Tombstone wouldn't hesitate to kill a kid the next time he sees both him and Johnny. They should listen to him. They should stop trying to be involved in taking down the drug operation and Tombstone. He'll get back to normal dealing with mugs and worrying about Danny and the others. Drugs is not his business. Not his thing.

Peter was wrapped with Danny's blanket as he laid on the bed. He grew a bit fond of Danny's blanket while Danny began to sleep in his'. The spider glances out the closed window in front of him, watching the snowflakes fall from outside. Everything went silent the more Peter stared out the window; he jumped when he heard the door open. He lets out a sigh when he heard Danny's voice from the doorway. Peter sat up while the blanket slid down his back and turns to Danny who had his hair brushed.

Peter:Hey...what is it Danny?

Danny:I came up after telling Ward to buy us food

Peter:Is...he okay with it?
*he furrowed his eyebrows already imagining how Ward must have acted*

Danny:He is, which is a bit new to me since he would make me get it myself

Peter:Probably because you're sick...did you take your medicine?!
*he asked worriedly with his widened eyes, Danny was surprised from the sudden outburst but he casually smiled as he closed the door*

Danny:I did Peter. You don't have to baby me about taking my medicine
*he spoke while sitting next to him on the bed, his smile still glued to his face*