Chapter 81 "Left Alone"

~~~~~~

It's been a while when the plane landed and the three warriors snuck into the palace, looking around. The hallways of the palace were empty and silent while they walked. Danny was fidgeting with his hands as Davos and Sparrow walked infront of him looking around.

Sparrow:It's empty...did the H'ylthri leave?

Davos:Sounds like it...should we check on the Crane Mother and Yu-Ti?

Sparrow:Yes. It's unknown of how much the H'ylthri are capable of...Daniel

Danny:Y-yeah...what's up?

Davos and Sparrow looked at each other and looked back at Danny.

Davos:Are you okay Danny? You look nervous

Danny:I'm fine...I just feel a bit cold. Where are they hiding? Did the Thunderer told you?

Davos:...uh...he haven't said

Danny:You don't know?

Davos:It's called a 'secret bunker' for a reason Danny

Sparrow:We don't have time, we can only assume that the H'ylthri never found them...let's find father

They all ran out of the palace and ran past the broken Iron Fist statues who's head were crumbled against the ground, leading to the public city gates. Danny had his attention on the statues and felt his blood crawl. The huge city gates were broken down and they ran out; they all froze in pure shock when they see building tumbled to the ground. Few people had half their bodies out from being crushed, vines were all spread out on the ground. They could hear the wails and screams from kids and families as they were helping the wounded and mourning. Danny could only look away trying to block their cries from his ears.

Sparrow:Father isn't here...neither are the soldiers

Davos:Half of the people here are gone too...did the H'ylthri take them?

Sparrow:Possibly. Although the reason is unknown...let's get going. The H'ylthri had left behind footprints towards the mountains, we should follow them

Sparrow points at huge steps in front of her that were stamped on the ground, the wall in front of them was torn down with the footprints continuing. Sparrow followed the prints and Davos was behind her but stops when he turns back to see Danny covering his mouth and not facing the destroyed buildings.

Davos:Danny, let's go

Danny:R-right...yeah let's go

Danny removed his hand from his mouth as he spoke shakily, his face becoming pale. Davos grabs his shoulder and both walked side by side after Sparrow. A wailing kid was wandering around the street calling for someone, their cries faded when they see Danny and catching a glimpse of his green outfit under his jacket. They sniffs their nose and ran towards Danny and wraps their arms around his leg, not allowing him to move. Davos and Danny looks down baffled at the little kid crying and tears soaking into Danny's green suit, Sparrow stopped aswell and turns back towards them.

"Champion! Will you save my sister...? She has been taken..."

The child's pleading was inaudible from being choked with sobs while looking up to Danny. Danny was silent, not knowing what to say. He opened his mouth then it closed with his lips white. Just by looking down the child helplessly sobbing and survivors whispering to themselves of seeing him from the distance, all he could feel was pity and blame. The situation would have changed if he stayed in the first place...the Thunderer and the weak wouldn't have been taken. But what can he do now? His fist wasn't functioning as it used to...he began to wonder if Peter was right. He's nothing without the fist. Without it then he's powerless. He pursed his lips as he tightens in fist, he refuses to believe that.